1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Fender Custom shop 1960 reissue NOS Stratocaster for similar bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by uOpt, Dec 31, 2012.

1. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

SOLD!

Folks.

I have this Strat. It is a Custom Shop 1960 NOS reissue and this one has figured maple on the back. Comes with case and all case candy.

Since I am playing more bass these days I would like to trade it for a similar value bass.
    • Ideally a CS reissue Precision or Jazz bass, basically the same instrument as this, just as a bass. I prefer one-piece maple neck, though.
    • Otherwise I might be interested in a Music Man Stingray or Bongo with one-piece maple neck, figured maple and gloss neck finish only. Some money will have to be added.
    • There are a couple of higher end Warwicks that I like and I can add money. Infinity in particular.
    • Outright sales price is $1800 shipped/paypaled in CONUS.

It is a rare example of a Custom Shop Stratocaster that is both a vintage correct reissue and has figured maple. Normally you only get figured maple with the "classic series" Custom Shop guitars - which have all kinds of non-vintage appointments.

Let me know if you have questions or need photos of anything in particular.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

Some updates on the off-chance somebody here wants to trade.

This guitar was made June 23, 1994.

Frets are 0.083 x 0.036.

Neck at first fret looks like 0.75". I'd rate it as a C shape, with
    soft corners.

A lot more pictures of case candy (strap and cable are not included
    after all), COA, headplate, neckplate and the case are here:
    http://www.cons.org/tmp/cs1960/

The case has some scuffs and is missing one of the metal posts.

(see url above for higher res and more pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]