1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FT: Fender Jazz Select Passive 2012

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ariwax, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ariwax

ariwax Seeking the olfactory groove Supporting Member

Hi everybody,

Up for your consideration is a 2012 Fender Select Jazz in amber. The Select is Fender USA's top of the line production bass and this Jazz can compete with any Custom Shop offering I have played. A light and resonant 8 lbs 10 oz. Never been gigged - never even been outside - and never exposed to smoke, and has always had flats on. Sounds gorgeous and full with a massive bottom end and lots of bark. The Select pups are specially voiced and though it cops the classic Jazz tone perfectly, it is a tone chameleon. Under that pretty flamed maple top is a rock-solid passive American Jazz. It is accompanied by the tweed OHSC which is also in pristine shape, and all case candy.

Trade value would be about $1600. I paid Sweetwater $2200 about 6 months ago and she is pretty much mint. I am much more interested in a good trade than a sale. Trade interests? I love P-basses, tube bass amp heads, would also be interested in a Hofner Club or another similar hollowbody bass, German Warwicks, electric upright basses, and non-bass stuff too: Apple computers, drum machines, synths, six-string electric and acoustic guitars, low-watt tube guitar amps... Just run it by me if you're interested! PM with trade options or if you want additional pics.

Thanks for your attention!

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396494736.488445.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396494760.370697.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396494807.654398.jpg
  2. ariwax

3. ariwax

4. ariwax

Bump with updated trade options. Some interesting offers so far, keep them coming! You never know. Worst I can do is say no thanks.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tmoney61092

tmoney61092

Trade offer coming your way
  7. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
  8. faulknersj

faulknersj Gold Supporting Member

I played one of these last week and WOW! The quarter sawn neck....tone...build quality are honestly on par with Custom Shop Fenders. These were designed to sell at a $3000 price point.... I was really blown away....so free bump for you!
  9. ariwax

Yes, the Select series is really phenomenal and it would seem not many players are aware of it. It is really on par with the Custom Shop but at half the price and this one can compete with my US Laklands any day of the week.

I think people see Select and think American Special or Deluxe. Big difference. Nothing much I can do to change that, but one thing I can confidently say, whoever ends up with this will never need to invest in another Jazz.
  10. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I picked up one recently and haven't played another bass since, Simply an amazing bass. Good luck
  11. ariwax

Monday morning bump!
  12. ariwax

Bada-bump!
  13. drlndrve

drlndrve Supporting Member

Bump for the best right-out-of-the-case jazz bass I've ever owned.
  14. ariwax

Traded. Thanks TB!