1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT/ FS: Ampeg SVT-7Pro as-new with Extras & Goodies

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pablomigraine, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist and MI Professional... see profile
    So, after some deliberation I've arrived at a decision. I can always buy another SVT-7Pro. In years to come, it seems unlikely I'll be as easily able to obtain a Genz Benz Streamliner, now that Fender has acquired the company and is likely to transform what I consider to be the finest amps and cabs available on the mass market into $500 and under toys for beginners. That's a viable market and an important one... it's just not MY market and it's a crying shame IMHO.

These two amps, the Streamliner 900 and the 7Pro, have long been tied for my favorite integrated head... and since I can't really afford to own both at the moment, and as I have a local line on a PERFECT one with ooohhh just the right tubes in it.... the SVT is on the block.

Amp will ship with a brandy new Gator cordura rack bag and IEC cable, as well as heavy-duty 6' 12GA Speakon cable... and your choice of tubes installed (PM for list). Amp is in PERFECT condition, is about 5 months with what likely amounts to about 12 hours play on it. Rev C, of course.

There seems to be a glut of these on TB Classifieds right now, and prices are low...but I'm not extremely desperate to sell at the moment.

That being the case, let's call it $500 ship't CONUS - O/B/O with everything for a cash deal.

For trades, I am interested in ONLY the following:

- Genz Benz Streamliner 900
    - Genz Benz Uber-410 or 212
    - Ampeg SVP-CL preamp + a lil cash
    - Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp + a lil cash
    - Carvin B1500 or B2000 + a lil cash (maybe) :D

***PLEASE NOTE*** Whether you PM me or post here in-thread, please allow AT LEAST 24 hours for a response. Thank you!!

I'll get some pics up in a day or so, but the amp's minty fresh.
  2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Im dying to try a SVT7 and $500 is a great price. So someone needs to buy my Spector Rex quick so I can jump on this !
  3. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
    Sadly, Ampeg has lost a lot of market share in the past few years and people don't pay as much attention to the brand as they once did.

I have tried / gigged / owned pretty much every mass-market integrated head in the world... and as stated the SVT-7Pro is tied for my favorite. To me, this head sounds like a slightly angrier version of the delicious preamp section found on the venerated SVT-3Pro... but with the power section that amp SHOULD have had. Its ridiculous loud, and doesn't suffer from any of the often frustrating tonal side-effects once common in amps with Class-D / SMPS output boards. It can get grindy in a very recognizably "Ampeg" sort of way.... and I love the thing to death. But it's a popular amp and it isn't going anywhere.... so I wanna scoop up a Streamliner before they become hard to find. I can always get another 7Pro.

One caveat.... if you're using a quieter passive bass... you may want to put a something in between the bass and the Amp's input to increase the gain going into the amp... that way you can make maximum use of the grind on offer without maxing out the input gain knob.
  4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Im working on this. Just cut the price on my Rex Pro.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
    So, my local deal for the Streamliner fizzled, so now especially interested in a trade for a Streamliner 900, also bump for new trades added!
  7. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Ill take it
  8. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
    On hold pending payment!!
  9. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member