SOLD FT/FS: Brubaker Brute MJX-5 with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gustobassman, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
    Well, i never thought i'd do this......

My gear was stolen in January and I became the lucky recipient of this Brute as soon as i could buy. I love the neck, i'm not in a hurry to get rid of it, but I am a Fender guy all the way.

Its got Barts and an Aggie OBP-3. Volume-Blend-mid, stacked bass and treble. 3-way coil tap and 2-way mid freq switch. I upgraded the stack knob, it's flush with the other knobs. It wasnt in the photos. The pickguard is slightly off from a previous owner doing the pickup mods. A little bit of buckle rash and a couple of small dings that were there when i got it a few months ago.. No serial number, most likely an early one... can be traced back to '09. Gig bag included.

I'll show all in pics if you need more.

WHAT I WANT!!!!

A Fender American Std Jazz 5. Used is kosher. Truss rod must work and no maple FB. I can add $100 on my end for the right bass!

EDIT: I will sell for $700 shipped, no paypal. I paid $650, but i have also put another $100 into it since i bought it.
    Will do $675 west of the mississippi.

Attached Files:

2. gustobassman

Disclosures:
    Chunky mods (barely visible) by the previous owner, and the pickguard off slightly

3. gustobassman

Disclosures:
    I also had this given a full cavity search :eek: about a month ago by Fred at the Repair Zone here in SD. She's clean!

4. gustobassman

Disclosures:
    Now for sale BUMP!! $700 Shipped to the east coast no paypal. $675 west of the Mississippi

And another pic!

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Re. the pickguard being off-center, were there any new holes drilled in the body? If someone picks up a new pickguard, can it be set "right" without any holes showing?

I have a 4 string Brute with Barts (MM and J) and it's a very resonant instrument. Sings acoustically. Doesn't do badly plugged in, either, though I usually bypass the NTMB preamp and run passive. Don't think I've played a bass with the Aguilar pre, so I'm curious how that combo would work. Comfortable neck, and the reach to the first fret feels a hair shorter than on my Fender.

The coil tap is a useful feature -- mine is only a two way (sounds like single/series to me). Is yours single/parallel/series on the MM?

I get compliments on the tone of mine almost every time I take it out. If this one plays like mine does, someone will get a very useable, gig-able instrument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.