1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FT/FS: Brubaker Brute MJX-5 with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gustobassman, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
    Well, i never thought i'd do this......

My gear was stolen in January and I became the lucky recipient of this Brute as soon as i could buy. I love the neck, i'm not in a hurry to get rid of it, but I am a Fender guy all the way.

Its got Barts and an Aggie OBP-3. Volume-Blend-mid, stacked bass and treble. 3-way coil tap and 2-way mid freq switch. I upgraded the stack knob, it's flush with the other knobs. It wasnt in the photos. The pickguard is slightly off from a previous owner doing the pickup mods. A little bit of buckle rash and a couple of small dings that were there when i got it a few months ago.. No serial number, most likely an early one... can be traced back to '09. Gig bag included.

I'll show all in pics if you need more.

WHAT I WANT!!!!

A Fender American Std Jazz 5. Used is kosher. Truss rod must work and no maple FB. I can add $100 on my end for the right bass!

EDIT: I will sell for $700 shipped, no paypal. I paid $650, but i have also put another $100 into it since i bought it.
    Will do $675 west of the mississippi.

Attached Files:

2. gustobassman

Disclosures:
    Chunky mods (barely visible) by the previous owner, and the pickguard off slightly

3. gustobassman

Disclosures:
    I also had this given a full cavity search :eek: about a month ago by Fred at the Repair Zone here in SD. She's clean!

4. gustobassman

Disclosures:
    Now for sale BUMP!! $700 Shipped to the east coast no paypal. $675 west of the Mississippi

And another pic!

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Re. the pickguard being off-center, were there any new holes drilled in the body? If someone picks up a new pickguard, can it be set "right" without any holes showing?

I have a 4 string Brute with Barts (MM and J) and it's a very resonant instrument. Sings acoustically. Doesn't do badly plugged in, either, though I usually bypass the NTMB preamp and run passive. Don't think I've played a bass with the Aguilar pre, so I'm curious how that combo would work. Comfortable neck, and the reach to the first fret feels a hair shorter than on my Fender.

The coil tap is a useful feature -- mine is only a two way (sounds like single/series to me). Is yours single/parallel/series on the MM?

I get compliments on the tone of mine almost every time I take it out. If this one plays like mine does, someone will get a very useable, gig-able instrument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.