1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT/FS Dr. Bass custom 2x15 three way design cab/ Philadelphia

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by franksgbass, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franksgbass

franksgbass

I bought this cab from TB'r MattMorgan about 7 months ago and it has been an outstanding sounding cab with more volume than I'd ever need (my band is ridiculously loud). Problem is, I like dirty bass tones (fuzz, dist) and this is not the best cab for that because of its three way design.
    With overdrive it sounds good/slighty vintage. But anything else not really. As far as tone, this guy is amazing. It would be perfect for a player that doesn't use fuzz.
    That said, I'd like to possibly trade for a Ampeg 8x10 or 6x10. Gk Neo 4x12 or 4x10. Or anything that doesn;t have a tweeter but still puts out decent highs.
    1000 watts
    Two (2) Faital Pro 15FH500 neodymium speakers, One (1) Eminence Alpha 8MR mid-range driver, and Two (2) Pyramid TW44 titanium bullet tweeters
    Custom three way crossover with side mounted attenuators that allow you to adjust the midrange driver and tweeters without reaching behind the cabinet!
    47.5" tall x 18" wide x 17.5" deep
    All external "logos" have been removed. The cab is pure black, except the kick plate of course.
    FITS ACROSS THE BACKSEAT OF MY HONDA CIVIC
    I'm willing to add cash if need be.
    As far as outright sale, I'd be ok with that.
    $600 philly area, can't ship
    This is a very light cab (70lbs), and super easy to transport with wheels and bumpers for stairs.
    I'm open to ideas, PM me
    Here is the original thread with tons of info
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/...-three-way-design-cab-local-sale-only-964579/
  2. franksgbass

franksgbass

3. franksgbass

franksgbass

pic bump

Attached Files:

4. xring

xring Supporting Member

Interested in a Fender Pro 610 in pretty much new condition? It does have a tweet though. From Ohio, a 1/2 way meet might be possible...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. franksgbass

franksgbass

I know that cab. Doesn't it have a horn? Anyway, that would be an ideal trade, however there is no way that I could meet you half way. Thanks for the offer though.

I have an offer for 2 Aguilar DB112NT's. While I don't think that they will be loud enough, I am very curious if I could make them work.
  7. xring

xring Supporting Member

I also have an Aggie GS212 and S410 that could be in the mix. I wish we were a little closer...
  8. franksgbass

franksgbass

Trade Pending for Dec. 2nd.
  9. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Dang, I'd love to trade my avatar 410, sounds like it would be perfect for you, but I'm in Oakland :-(
  10. franksgbass

franksgbass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.