1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

4. In addition to the drop-down search menu at the top-right of this page, you may also do an advanced search for even more accurate results. See this thread for more info

SOLD FT FS Feeler: Fender Marcus Miller V 5-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nagelfoundation, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can't believe I'm thinking about parting with this. It's been my main bass since about 2006. I love it but I accidentally happened upon my dream bass on a trade and so the Marcus isn't getting hardly any love anymore. And this bass really deserves to be played.

It is the shoreline gold color. It has one blemish on the bottom of the bass which I'll photograph later. That's the only major cosmetic issue. This bass does virtually everything well. Especially since I replaced the pickups with Nordstrand split coil pickups and a Nordstrand 2 band pre with a passive tone. It is also currently 9v. I will include the original pickups and pre with the sale/trade.

As far as trades go I'm really wanting another fretless. I've been fretless-less for too long. I'd like a 5 or 6 but the right 4 might do. I also might be swayed by the right Stingray Classic 5 +cash. 34" scale is a must. For whatever reason my wrists can't handle longer or shorter. A Lakland Skyline Hollowbody with Barts +cash might do the trick too. I'm pretty open though so try me. Trade ideas add: Fender Steve Bailey fretted or fretless

Sale Price $1550

Attached Files:

2. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mono Cases www.monocase.com
    I have a 1974 Gibson ripper fretless with black abalone fret markers, and active emg pickups.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Not really my thing but thanks for the offer!

5. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day!

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    Disclosures:
    God Is Love
    How about a Warwick Streamer Pro M fretless 5? 34" scale 2 octave lined ebony board and double jj in an mm position.

6. NightFury

NightFury Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    great bass with those upgrades

7. Maybe. PM me some pics? I've had several Warwicks so I'll probably wait and see what else comes up but I could fall in love. Who knows.

8. I should also add that I no longer have the pickup cover (ashtray). Not sure what happened to it. Shouldn't be that hard to order if you want one though.

9. bearsdad1

bearsdad1 Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2008
    What does she weigh?

10. Not exactly sure. I have no scale... Best guess: 10ish pounds. Not light but not ridiculously heavy.

11. For those interested the controls are currently: volume (push/pull passive), blend, tone, bass/treble stack.

12. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Any more pics available?

13. Here is the scrape that I mentioned. I'm not really sure how it happened. It happened when the bass was on loan for a tour in Amsterdam. I guess maybe that kind of explains it in and of itself...

Attached Files:

14. Lots of interesting offers. Keep em coming.

15. bassredeemed

bassredeemed

Feb 2, 2014
    Hi pappas!! Are you interested to trade with my Moon JJ5 JAPAN. 1987. WALNUT MODEL. Value is $3000 new at ebay. You can search. Same model that Sutoh Mituru used early 1990. :) orig custom bartolini jazz pickups and upgraded with obp 3 aguilar onboard :-
    Here is a sound preview. The photo on this soundcloud page is the actual moon jj5 bass. I hope u may consider the offer. God bless!
    http://m.soundcloud.com/charlesbautista/you-are-good-preview

16. Possibly. Can you send me some pictures?

17. tewtewvu

tewtewvu

Jan 1, 2012
    Texas
    How about a G&L L2500 fretless? Sunburst body with cream binding, ebony fretboard just strung with new d'addario chromes E-A-D-G-C.

18. bassredeemed

bassredeemed

Feb 2, 2014
    [​IMG]Hi bro!

Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I can't believe you're selling your MM5. Someone's gonna be getting an awesome bass. Kyle's a great guy to deal with too. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.