1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT/FS: Peavey Foundation Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by invalidprotocol, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Peavey USA Foundation lined fretless. Appears to be factory lining. 1994 model per headstock serial number when referencing the Peavey wiki.

I picked this up a little while back thinking I would experiment on fretless. Sounds great just definitely not my thing.

Has the transitional Super Ferrite pickups. Tight neck pocket. Light weight. Some light scratches on the body and a couple significant nicks pictured. Tuner hardware has some dulling. Still has the older set of strings that I got it with. Lighter gauge with purple silk. Not sure what kind they are.

Photos from my iPhone. Sorry I don't own a nice camera.

Preference would be a local Dallas-Fort Worth trade or sale. Trades I would find useful:

4 string jazz bass
    4 string p/j with jazz width neck
    Sansamp Bass programmable
    GK MBE extension cabinet

Outright local cash sale for $130. I don't have an adequate shipping box or I'd open up to shipping CONUS.

I'm willing to add cash depending on trade.
  2. invalidprotocol

Bump.

I've received a few shipping requests so I'm tracking down a box. In the meantime I'm still open to a local sale or trade.
  3. invalidprotocol

Bump. Rumor of a box at work. I'm going to check tomorrow... If so, $150 CONUS.
  4. MatrixClaw

MatrixClaw

Hey man,

Did you end up selling this? Sent you another PM, hoping you got that box. I REALLY want this, and I'm more than willing to pay a bit extra for it... Just need to know if you're serious about selling it, or if I should stop waiting and buy something else ;)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. invalidprotocol

There have been no local offers but a number of serious offers for CONUS shipping. I have now obtained an appropriate shipping box and will acquire some good packing materials in the next day or two. It should be ready to ship off to a happy buyer by the end of this week.

I will now begin working down the list of responders. Thanks for being patient. Between an insane amount of work hours, family illnesses and obligations my plate has been full.
  7. MatrixClaw

MatrixClaw

I've got the money in my PayPal, ready to be sent, whenever you're ready to sell ;)
  8. frits51

frits51 Supporting Member

I'm local and would like to buy the Peavey Foundation fretless if it is still available.

Thanks.

mjelam51@juno.com
  9. invalidprotocol

Work hasn't had jack squat for shipping materials. I made a run to Walmart and about had a heart attack when I found out how much that junk is.

This box I have is too big and requires too much packing material to keep the bass safe. Sorry I don't keep stuff around to ship large objects. Looking at alternatives...
  10. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Try your local GC or Sam Ash. If you ask nicely and the guy isn't a total douche, they'll give you a box.
  11. Samsquanch1972

Samsquanch1972 Supporting Member

That is a great bass, I used to own one and never should of sold it.
  12. MatrixClaw

MatrixClaw

Just cut the box down. Do it all the time ;)
  13. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    Is this bass still available, and are you still offering $150.00 shipped?
  14. invalidprotocol

Thanks for the inquiry. I had no shortage of distant TBers interested in this bass and I appreciate it all. I never did come up with the right kind of shipping materials, at least something I was comfortable with. For a higher dollar bass I could have invested in some and afforded the expense. I ended up sticking with my initial plan of a local sale.

The bass was just sold to a local TBer on Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.