1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT/FS: White P/MM Body, 18v Battery Box!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Unchain, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage. Supporting Member

This is a sah-weet body I picked up a while back, but I've been kicking the tires on building this up for too long and it needs to go off to someone who will make it into a rad player.

I believe this is a Squier Precision bass body that's definitely a player's item, very modified, very worn/reliced. I might be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking. I'm unsure of the body wood, but it feels really solid and resonant, really nice. I personally really dig the finish, it is very matte and has a distinct "vintage" feel and look.

A MM pickup has been routed in the bridge position, very professionally. I have to note that the pickguard lines up perfectly with the route, it's as close to the sweet spot as possible without modifying the pickguard. Inside the MM route, you can see the outline of a Jazz route/pickup mounting screw holes that was there at one point, so if you were to make a cover of some sort, you could throw a J in there no problem.

There is some additional routing under the pickguard that isn't pretty, but at least it's hidden and will give you extra room for a preamp. There has also been a side jack drilled out which looks great, but is, however, 7/8" so rather than a football which might fit wonky, this thing would be perfect for an Electrosocket!

I believe the string through holes/ferrules must have been added because I don't believe Squier has ever had a bass with them stock, but they might as well be, very professionally installed. The bridge mounting holes have been plugged, ready to get redrilled for whatever. Would be very, very easy.

Perfectly installed 18 volt battery box on the back, really awesome! I wish I had this on my main bass! Couldn't be easier to change batteries, I believe this is a Gotoh, but don't quote me. Pretty rad. The amount of lead left isn't amazing, but should work fine, worst case you slap another wire, some solder and a piece of heat shrink to both wires and you'll have all the lead you need. I'll even do it for you if it's a dealbreaker.

The finish on this thing is pretty worn, plenty of dings and chips and something tells me someone tried to relic it at some point. It could use a buffing, but would look great afterwards, if you dig a bass with some character. There is a small space between the neck pocket and the guard (would be perfectly covered by a Warmoth style fingerboard), but otherwise fits great. Some small drill holes in the neck pocket were plugged by me. Also included are chrome strap buttons.

Due to picking up a P/J body for a project, I'm keeping the pickguard. I will take some better pictures of it later sans pickguard. In light of that, I'm dropping to price to [DEL]$110[/DEL] $85.00 SHIPPED CONUS. Possible trades for various effects, but I'm open for pretty much anything. Run it by me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Unchain

Bump! Some interesting trade offers, keep them coming!
  3. Unchain

Major price drop bump as I've got to keep the pickguard for another project. $85 shipped CONUS with no pickguard.
  4. Unchain

Bumpity bump!
  5. Register to disable this ad