FT: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by DMH2, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMH2

DMH2

I've got a brand new Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 I'm interested in trading. It's only a few months old, and it's only been to two gigs and a handfull of practices in its padded gig bag. I absolutely love this amp, but it's not loud enough to get above my stupid loud drummer and guitar player (awaiting incoming TELL THEM TO TURN DOWN remark). I'm looking for something with more power, preferably a GK 1001rbII.

The amp is in perfect shape, mint condition, no defects. Willing to ship for sure.

2. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    You will not get an appreciable increase in volume with a 700W GK 1001RB-II over the 600W Shuttle 6.2. If you can't get loud enough with the Genz and the Avatar 410 listed in your profile, you need to add more speaker area.

You'd need approximately 1200W to get a +3dB change in the volume. Good luck pumping that into your Avatar without blowing it up. Adding another Avatar 410 will give you the additional 3dB, all else being equal.

3. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

All true. However, I don't think the Shuttle is 2 ohm-stable, so adding another 410 probably won't work (I assume this is a 4 ohm cabinet).

Another approach might be to think about your EQ -- emphasizing the mids and cutting bass will allow you to use the power and speaker area you have more efficiently. The "scooped" tone which sounds nice on solos with gentle accompaniment will just get lost in a loud and busy mix.

Oh, and turn down ;).

4. DMH2

DMH2

Sorry, I haven't updated my profile. I'm running through a GK 412 now. It definitely gets a lot louder when I boost the mids, but it's incredibly feedback prone. I need to take it into the luthier, but to be honest, I don't want to spend any more money on this crappy slap king.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

If you're having to run the 6.2 into a 4x12 cabinet, it seems to me that you're way past critical mass for onstage amplification of any Double Bass. If it's possible, I'd try using in ears and sending the bass out to the mains. If that's to costly you could just try a mic into a isolated monitor channel.

Ric

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

Media:
    Items for sale or trade are not to be posted in the general discussion forums. If you want to sell it, PM me with an asking price to go along with the the desired trade items, and I'll move it to the classified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.