1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FT: have P bass Antiquity 2, want Antiquity 1

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by uOpt, Jan 7, 2014.

1. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

[EDITED: looks like I have Ant1 and want Ant2, but whatever it is, I want the grey bobbin base]

I ended up with two Antiquity with black base for split style Precision bass. Want to trade for Antiquity with grey base.

This is one of mine. Has all the foam, baseplate, covers etc. Theoretically you can have the other one but they are identical.

[​IMG]

More pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, I might be interested in other trades but I have tried most P bass pickups.

Short list of interest:
    • boutique Jazz pickup(s). Can add cash for pair. Lollar would be great. Regular Duncan SJB-1 neck also needed
    • thunderbird pickups. Can add cash
    • for that matter, a complete AVRI Jazz bass and a 6-string corvette.
  2. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

3. swingingoodtime

swingingoodtime Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I've got a set of Antiquity I's coming in the mail that I'm yet to try; if I think they're lacking for what I want, I'd be interested in a swap but it'll a little while (maybe within 2-3 weeks) if that's ok. PM me if you want to chat more about this.
  4. pedroims

pedroims Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I have antiquity in my P but I do not know if they are I or II, how I can tell? I am willing to trade them of there is a way to identify them.
  5. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have to admit that this is a bit unclear to me. With other Antiquities the baseplate color is different between 1 and 2. Obviously both of mine have black. Is yours grey? Did anybody see a grey baseplate on a P bass Antiquity?
  6. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Black fiber material = Antiquity I.

Gray fiber material = Antiquity II.

Both pickups have the same specs with the exception that I has a Q of 3.54 and II has a Q of 2.43. (Whatever that means.)

Antiquity I also comes with all flush poles and a raised A version.
  7. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Right. So I'm gonna change the wording here.

Trading black bottom Antiquity for grey bottom Antiquity - whatever the hell those might be :D

On the bright side, that means I have an original box to give out with one of mine.
  8. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bump.

Note correction above, I have Ant1, want Ant2.