1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FT: MIJ '62 P-Bass + cash for AVRI P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danno1985, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danno1985

Danno1985 Supporting Member

Longshot trade proposition here, but what the hell. I have a sweet '93 "Crafted In Japan" '62RI-style Precision Bass here in aged Olympic White. As you would expect from an MIJ, the neck contour/edges are perfectly done. Skinny neck profile, which I usually don't care for, but this one is very comfortable. Rosewood board is tight-grained and dark. Frets have been replaced by previous owner with medium-jumbos, which are unobtrusive but really aid in setting this thing up for killer playability across the board. Pickup is a vintage-wound Lindy Fralin. I added a nice, celluloid 4-ply tort guard from Allparts, but I'll throw in the black one the previous owner had on. Also added AVRI knurled saddles and and a finger rest. Hardware has a naturally tarnished appearance from age. I currently have this bass strung up with some very worn-in Fender 9050M Flats. Man, this thing plays great! I've never been able to get another vintage-style Fender so dialed in as this one; even with the flats, the action is low, fast, and buzz-free in all ranges.

I'm 99% sure the body is basswood; this thing is a featherweight. I don't have a scale, but it's light. Between the great neck/setup and light weight, it is incredibly non-fatiguing to play for long sets. Neck/body joint is super-tight.

I'm more of a sunburst guy, and I figure if I'm going to have one bass, might as well be an AVRI, so I'm fishing to see if there's someone out there with a spare sunburst AVRI P around they'd be willing to trade, with a bit of cash thrown in on my end. 62 would be preferred, but I could get into a '57 as well. I should mention I do have a hardshell case; it's an older black tolex Fender-style TKL case with a "Fender" logo on it. Also have an ashtray bridge cover, not the pickup cover though. If you have something to offer, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

SOLD

[​IMG]
  2. iownit4

iownit4

No cash price ..lol love it
  3. JLubinsky-Mast

JLubinsky-Mast Supporting Member

Oh man... if a straight cash price comes up, I'm on it like a ham sandwich
  4. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

I'm local, and may be interested if it comes up for sale
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

I'll dibs in for a cash interest .. Pm me if not sold or traded.
  7. Danno1985

Bump for some proper pics from my SLR to give you all a better idea of the condition and "mojo" this bass has. As you can see, there is substantial checking on the entire body; a side effect of living in a harsh, uninhabitable instrument-hating tundra 7 months of the year. I tried my best to show the checking in the pics. Looks really cool. The paint is otherwise in good shape for the age, with a couple dings here and there, some fading/lighter wear areas, etc. Also tried to get some closeups to show the quality and dark tint of the rosewood board, flawless fretwork, low action. Still looking to make a partial trade with cash on my end at this point. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Danno1985

Bump for cash asking price: $750 shipped in the lower 48 US for this upgraded, light, great-playing Precision. Thanks!
  9. iownit4

iownit4

I pm'ed u ..
  10. iownit4

iownit4

Sent $$$ thanks

Rob
  11. Danno1985

Bass is SOLD. Thanks for looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.