SOLD FT: MIJ '62 P-Bass + cash for AVRI P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danno1985, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danno1985

Danno1985 Supporting Member

Longshot trade proposition here, but what the hell. I have a sweet '93 "Crafted In Japan" '62RI-style Precision Bass here in aged Olympic White. As you would expect from an MIJ, the neck contour/edges are perfectly done. Skinny neck profile, which I usually don't care for, but this one is very comfortable. Rosewood board is tight-grained and dark. Frets have been replaced by previous owner with medium-jumbos, which are unobtrusive but really aid in setting this thing up for killer playability across the board. Pickup is a vintage-wound Lindy Fralin. I added a nice, celluloid 4-ply tort guard from Allparts, but I'll throw in the black one the previous owner had on. Also added AVRI knurled saddles and and a finger rest. Hardware has a naturally tarnished appearance from age. I currently have this bass strung up with some very worn-in Fender 9050M Flats. Man, this thing plays great! I've never been able to get another vintage-style Fender so dialed in as this one; even with the flats, the action is low, fast, and buzz-free in all ranges.

I'm 99% sure the body is basswood; this thing is a featherweight. I don't have a scale, but it's light. Between the great neck/setup and light weight, it is incredibly non-fatiguing to play for long sets. Neck/body joint is super-tight.

I'm more of a sunburst guy, and I figure if I'm going to have one bass, might as well be an AVRI, so I'm fishing to see if there's someone out there with a spare sunburst AVRI P around they'd be willing to trade, with a bit of cash thrown in on my end. 62 would be preferred, but I could get into a '57 as well. I should mention I do have a hardshell case; it's an older black tolex Fender-style TKL case with a "Fender" logo on it. Also have an ashtray bridge cover, not the pickup cover though. If you have something to offer, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

SOLD

[​IMG]

2. iownit4

iownit4

No cash price ..lol love it

3. JLubinsky-Mast

JLubinsky-Mast Supporting Member

Oh man... if a straight cash price comes up, I'm on it like a ham sandwich

4. Gecko 5

Gecko 5

I'm local, and may be interested if it comes up for sale

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

I'll dibs in for a cash interest .. Pm me if not sold or traded.

7. Danno1985

Bump for some proper pics from my SLR to give you all a better idea of the condition and "mojo" this bass has. As you can see, there is substantial checking on the entire body; a side effect of living in a harsh, uninhabitable instrument-hating tundra 7 months of the year. I tried my best to show the checking in the pics. Looks really cool. The paint is otherwise in good shape for the age, with a couple dings here and there, some fading/lighter wear areas, etc. Also tried to get some closeups to show the quality and dark tint of the rosewood board, flawless fretwork, low action. Still looking to make a partial trade with cash on my end at this point. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Danno1985

Bump for cash asking price: $750 shipped in the lower 48 US for this upgraded, light, great-playing Precision. Thanks!

9. iownit4

iownit4

10. iownit4

iownit4

Sent $$$ thanks

Rob

11. Danno1985

Bass is SOLD. Thanks for looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.