1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FT: New/Used Flatwounds for Sadowsky Light Gauge flats

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by sunbeast, Mar 24, 2014.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

I've accumulated a bunch of flatwounds in my search for the perfect string for my band. I think I've narrowed it down and keep flipping back and forth between TIs and Sadowsky's. I still haven't been able to try the light gauge Sadowsky's (40-100), so I'd like to trade along some of these extra strings I have for a new or used set of light Sadowsky flats (or more than one). Willing to do multiple sets to match values (for instance- both new sets of Chromes for a new set of Sadowsky's), or maybe trade the used TIs straight across for a new set of Sadowsky's. Make me offers- I really want to try the light Sads! Also might be interested in trying a light gauge set of the newer Fender flats as they are one of the few sets I've yet to try...

My main bass is a Rickenbacker with 2x2 tuning pegs, so the Sads need to not have been cut too much to fit a Fender style headstock (in most cases I find it doesn't matter, but I've run across a few Fender-cut string sets that didn't quite fit).

Here's what I've got, all in 4 string and long scale (gauge, condition, and cut length listed as applicable):

-SOLD!!! Brand New/unopened set of D'addario Chromes- .040-.095 gauge (super light/ long scale)

-Brand New/unopened set of D'addario Chromes- .040-.100 gauge (custom light/ Long Scale)- $17 + $3 shipping

-SOLD!!!!barely used D'addario Chromes- .045-.100 gauge. These were cut for a 4 in line Fender, and just barely fit the A string comfortably on my Ric ( though it does hold tune well, these would be best on a Fender). Almost no fraying of the cloth- literally just a few hours use.- $12 + $3 shipping

-SOLD!!!!Thomastic Infeld (TI) Jazz Flats- used and just starting to warm in, maybe 4-5 months of regular use and a bit longer on backups. Never cut, some fraying in the cloth from removal, but still years of life left!- $37 + $3 shipping

-TRADED Sadowsky Flats TRADED- .045-.105 gauge- used regularly for maybe 5-6 months and more on backups. Warmed up nicely but still clear and gritty if you want! Not sure I ever cut these (if so only on the E and A) but they fit on my Ric, G&L and Fender all with room to spare. Some fraying of the cloth from removal, but still plenty of swaps left!

-SOLD!!!!!!GHS Precision flats- .045-.105 gauge. Used these for quite a while on my G&L L2000 and are my favorite old-school warm flat. These are quite worn in (a couple years of moderate use), but still sound great and have minimal fraying of the cloth. They were cut for a 4 in line headstock and so barely fit my Ric ( again mostly an A string issue).

-barely used Rotosound RS77LD flats- .045-.105 gauge. These have never been cut and barely played, no perceptible fraying in the cloth. I used RS77s for years and loved them, but they are a bit too "modern" for my current band!- $12 + $3 shipping

-DR Jonas Hellborg strings- .040-.100 gauge. Got these to try out of curiosity. Like them a lot on my fretless, but since I put the fretted neck back on I just haven't found a use for them. Only a few hours of playing time- still nice, bright, and crunchy. These are uncut, and I actually have an extra E string I'll throw in as well ( the giant string core + really strong magnets in one of my basses made the intonation funky and DR sent me a new string, after I tried them on a different bass I realized I just needed to lower the pickups for these strings!).- $12 + $3 shipping

2. sunbeast

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395710156.839728.jpg
    Here's the group photo!

3. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

How much do you want for the Sadowsky set? Those are what I usually use. Pm me if you don't mind.

4. sunbeast

Want to leave them up for trade for a little bit, just in case there is someone with a light gauge set that might want to swap!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

7. sunbeast

I have an order for/with them that was back-stocked for a bit, but I actually just got an email that they are being shipped so PM coming...

8. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

I'd be interested in the TIs if you're straight out selling them. Thanks.

9. sunbeast

Sadowsky's are traded!
    Still mulling over the sale prospect. I'll PM those interested if I decide to sell!

10. sunbeast

11. sunbeast

Just got my first set of light Sads and I think they are my new string of choice! Bump for more trades!

12. melikecookies

melikecookies Supporting Member

I'd be interested in buying the GHS flats if you decide to sell them.

13. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    There is something special about the light set isnt there! My favorite string too! I have a back up set...I would have traded you my used set for your TIs if I saw this in time!

14. sunbeast

One last pre-sale bump?!

15. sunbeast

Looks like the extra light chromes are on hold!

16. t-ray

t-ray

17. sunbeast

GHS gone and firm (for now) prices added!

18. sunbeast

19. goat1234

goat1234

Ill take the barely used chromes off your hands. PM sent.

20. sunbeast

Never got the PM, goat. PM sent to you...

21. sunbeast

Lots of strings still here!