1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT or FS - 2011 Fender American Jazz 4 & G&L USA L-2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Knavery, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Knavery

Knavery Supporting Member

Hey all -
    I've got too many instruments and am trying to thin the herd. After playing a couple fives lately, I found that it feels more comfortable to me. So, I'm selling my two fours.

First is the Fender American Jazz 4 string. I removed the thumb rest, but it's included. It's the thumb rest--not the tug bar. You can see the two holes from where I removed it. I've been doing a lot of funk lately, so didn't need it. Comes with original hardshell case and goodies. Bass is in excellent condition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the G&L. This is a G&L bass in excellent condition other then one nick on the body seen in the second pick. I have no idea what year it is, but it has the metal plate screwed on the back and the serial is CLF065697. It comes with a semi-hard shell Road Runner case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm actually looking for a 2012 or new Fender American Jazz Deluxe V. This would be a straight up trade. Or, I'm asking 1700 for the two. I'm open to selling them each alone--950 for the Fender and and 800 for the G&L.
  2. Jutsushine

Jutsushine Gold Supporting Member

Does the G&L have more of a p bass or j bass width at the nut? Also, what kind of wood is the body made of?
  3. Knavery

I'm not sure about the wood, because I bought it used. However, it seems to have a beefier neck like a P bass. It's certainly wider than my Fender jazz.
  4. Jutsushine

Jutsushine Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a G&L with more of jazz neck feel though. The body looks like it may be mahogany... It's really beautiful. Good luck with the sale!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EugeneBass

EugeneBass

Thanks for quick response. Bump.
  7. whyrockbass

whyrockbass

Would you be interested in a lakland 4402 for the jazz?
  8. Knavery

More pictures... Someone messaged me about where it's been played, how it's been played etc. It's been played exclusively in a smoke free house. Before that, I don't know. I bought it used. How it's been played? I don't really know how to answer that other than to say I don't abuse it. I use my fingers exclusively, but the pick guard looks scratched up like a pick guard will. The body is in excellent condition. I did find what looks like a burn mark on the other side of the neck. There's a black spot, which didn't hurt the wood. It's as smooth as new, so not sure what happened there. I would rate the bass an 8/10. It's still in excellent condition IMO, but that's entirely subjective. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Knavery

10. t-ray

t-ray Supporting Member

11. Knavery

These are still up for sale. I'm actually looking for a 5-string Fender American Jazz Deluxe with the active/passive switch. I'd like 2012 or newer and would trade both of these basses straight up for one.
  12. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member