1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Peavey Foundation 5 w/ Super Ferrites (The Ugly Beauty)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by onetimeoneplace, Jan 18, 2014.

1. onetimeoneplace

onetimeoneplace

Testing the waters with this one

1993, Made in America
    Alder body, bilaminate maple neck, maple board, 34" scale
    Black n' maple, with a set of DR Black Beauties
    Dual Super Ferrite pickups (rare on the 5 string model, sound like a Jazz bass on 'roids)
    Passive VVT setup (you can dial in a lot of tone with it)

This bass has been to hell and back, twice. The body has seen its share of bumps, scratches, and wear. But even with this wear, the bass sounds golden. I've tried $2-3k Laklands, MTDs, Spectors, and more, and this bass simply feels better and sounds just as good as them.
    If you care more about how a bass sounds than how a bass looks, this is the crowning example.

Looking for a durable 5/6er. 35" and active preferred.

Pics:
    http://imgur.com/a/dRSMU
  2. bassmanrocke

bassmanrocke Supporting Member

That's an unusual bass you got there. First time I've seen the smaller body with a barrel jack. Everyone I've seen had the footbal patch jack. I was thinking it must be an early 89-90 transition model but its got the 93-94 headstock. I wish it was a 4 string because I would be very interested.
  3. onetimeoneplace

onetimeoneplace

4. dickfitts

dickfitts

...Would you consider outright sale?
  5. Register to disable this ad