1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Peavey G-Bass and G-V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ShenmueTacos, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos Supporting Member

I have both a G-Bass and G-V up for trade. I am really wanting a Peavey Cirrus 6-string, preferably with a Redwood or Maple top.

The G-Bass is in great condition condition as I can't really find any scratches or anything on it.

The G-V is in overall good condition with the only major issue being that the previous owner must have bumped the headstock against something and the headstock is bent inward slightly.

I will post more detailed pictures (with a pic of the G-V headstock in case my explanation doesn't make sense) within the next day or two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

I have a redwood 6 string cirrus. Could you Pm me what you were thinking of for a trade?
  3. warrplayer

warrplayer Supporting Member

Can you explain what you mean by bent in? Is the headstock now tilted up slightly?
  4. ShenmueTacos

I'm bad at explaining things...so here is a picture!

[​IMG]

I am going to try to have newer and more detailed pics of the basses up soon. I've just been really busy with both work and college at the moment to where I haven't had the time to take any pics :(
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. notabag

notabag

Do these have the carbon fiber neck?
  7. MoBe

MoBe

I think string tension is a more likely explanation for the condition of the headstock angle.Knocking the headstock is not likely to bend anything other than the tuners.I don`t see what the problem is by looking at your picture?
  8. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Supporting Member

Are you willing to sell the G5?
  9. warrplayer

All g-basses ( the four strings) and GVs (the five stringers) are carbon fiber necked basses. There are no wooden necked versions of these basses. In early production runs of these basses the carbon fiber weave is visible. In later runs the necks were solid black, but still carbon fiber.
  10. warrplayer

I might be willing to purchase the g-bass. Does it come with a case or a gig bag?
  11. ShenmueTacos

If that's the case, the G-Bass I have is have is a later production model but the G-V is of an earlier production since the weave is visible.

I'm also not currently interested in a outright sell at the moment, but that may change later depending on if I am able to get the trade that I want. I'll update the thread is I decide to sell.
  12. ShenmueTacos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.