FT UK Orange OR50 "Pics Only" Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by brennanmcnally, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brennanmcnally

brennanmcnally

I'm totally happy keeping this amp because it's incredible, but thought it'd be fun to see if any interesting trade (or cash) offers came in.

This is a nearly new Made in England Orange OR50 head, with the stock Chinese tubes swapped out for JJ's (great upgrade). 50 watts. Amp only has about 15 hours of play on it. Sounds incredible -- not your typical Orange at all, as it's a sort of reissue of the original 1972 Overdrive series. Can go from Vox chime to full blown Tonebender fuzz, even at low volumes. The HF Drive knob is one of my favorite features of the amp -- it controls presence and power amp gain together. A little hard to describe what that sounds like, but it's really sensitive and unlocks a whole realm of new tones. Overall great amp, built like a tank (13-ply birch), great tubes, vast array of tones, and not muddy like many of the modern Orange amps.

Ideally, I'd like to trade this for a slightly lower wattage boutique or vintage amp. Matchless, Morgan, Bad Cat, Greer, Dr. Z, Top Hat, Suhr, Two Rock, 3 Monkeys, blackface Fender Bassman or Tremolux with cab, etc. Could also be interested in a trade for a guitar or bass, preferably vintage (Rickenbacker 4001 or 365, Stratocaster, Telecaster, ES-335, Precision or Jazz, Non-reverse Firebird, Fano...). But if you're interested in a trade, feel free to offer anything value appropriate. Worst I can do is politely say no!

Would definitely prefer a local Southern California deal.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. brennanmcnally

brennanmcnally

3. brennanmcnally

brennanmcnally

MLK Day bump!
  4. brennanmcnally

brennanmcnally

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.