1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Warmoth J-style green-quilt unlined fretless 4; relist with new trade ideas

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by K-Funk, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Funk

K-Funk Supporting Member

I got this in a trade a few months ago and it's the best fretless I've ever owned (competing against an '81 L1k and '08 EBMM Sterling). Not in any hurry to off it; I just have the immature itch to trade for fun. It's an all-Warmoth unlined fretless J-bass made in 2010; here are the specs:

Quilt maple top
    Alder body
    Green Stain satin finish :hyper:
    1/4" black ebony fingerboard (and DAMN does it sound amazing!)
    Flame maple neck with satin finish and steel support bars (stays in tune for eons)
    EMG 40 pickups (18 volt)
    V/T/V/T controls
    Black Hipshot knobs
    Black Schaller tuners
    Black Schaller roller bridge
    Black neck plate
    Dunlop straplock system

The bass is immaculate, sans a couple of very minor issues. The disc-shaped string retainer on the headstock was removed in favor of a bar, so the pinhole where the original was is visible, but not noticeable. Aside from a few nearly imperceptible blemishes (just some light swirls, unseen due to the matte finish) I can find nothing wrong with the instrument. The neck is perfectly set up for comfortable, low action, and the fingerboard is in beautiful shape. It weighs 9.1 pounds on my bathroom scale, but it balances better than any Jazz I've had before.

I'm looking for Fender USA/Japan/Warmoth/Allparts/etc. P-Basses and EBMM Stingrays. As far as specs, anything goes. Feel free to shoot me other ideas, but I'm mainly into P's and 'rays at the moment. Thanks for looking!

Here are some good photos by a previous owner. It's the same as it was when he had it, but that obnoxious, off-center Warmoth decal has been removed for a cleaner look. Leave it blank or add something new!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Jebus, this bass gave me goosebumps. Can you ballpark a trade value?
  3. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

4. K-Funk

K-Funk Supporting Member

$900 ish? Looks like the original build cost around $1,300, after "making" it on Warmoth's website.

Also, it's name is Lou Ferrigno. Green and beastly. :rolleyes:
  5. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist and MI Professional... see profile
    WOW that's nice......PM'd
  6. K-Funk

K-Funk Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.