1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fujigen basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bal704, Dec 12, 2013.

1. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Any direct experience with the US online store for Fujigen guitars and basses?

http://shop.fgnguitars.com/

Wondering how long shipping times are, quality etc.
  2. CnB77

CnB77

I do not have experience with that store in particular but all the Fujigen instruments I've handled were top notch.
  3. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

I'm not sure if I've ever played one, but I've heard great things.

$849 shipped for a 5-string jazz made in Japan sounds like a great deal. Almost like there should be a catch, if you know what I mean.
  4. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

I think the catch is that it's not really a 'name' brand even though they have made many instruments for other manufacturers, to a lot of players 'Fujigen' means nothing
  5. vdub75

vdub75

our geetarplayerjust gut a fgn/fujigen les paul custom and it is stunning for about 1.300$
  6. bh2

bh2

Yes... My Silver Series Precision came out of Fujigen... bloody good bass.
  7. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

yep, my silver series squier jazz is awesome too
  8. fgnbtz

fgnbtz

I've owned a FGN Neo Classic Jazz since 08, and I love it and never want to get rid of it. It is the lightest Jazz I've ever played, and the sound is great (although I would like to put some Basslines in it, at some point)
  9. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

10. hands5

hands5

I'm sure these are great instruments, but are they that much better than the new Squires VM Series Basses ? I'm jus asking :eek:
  11. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

IMO yes very much so.
  12. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

I bought an expert jazz bass from FGN's online store in February and the guitar is amazing. It has great sound, it plays amazingly fast and came set up from the factory ready to play. I have three FGN-made Fenders from back in the day and this takes that quality and raises it by far.

I had no problem contacting them or getting the bass. If you're looking for a great jazz bass with great quality, I highly recommend them.

I've played several Fender American Jazz basses and a custom shop and I believe the quality is equal to the custom shop for a lot less. Both the high end -- the one I bought -- and the lower end basses are made in Japan. The difference is Alnico5 pickups, better tone wood and a brass bridge plus a case for the higher end bass.
  13. Dragan

Dragan

I played only two FGN jazz basses over the last couple years,but heres my 34 cents...

-Neo classic jazz 4 strings. As I heard they are out of production now,as they focused on their own design and line like above mentioned J series. That bass is a killer J bass, very comfy,light, well worth to give it a try.

-J standard mighty jazz 5, that was a dissapointement. heavy, with broad unplayable neck, cheapo looking cheapo sounding pick ups. For 800 USD,I'd buy my self Yamaha TRBX any day and good DI box on top.