1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Full Circle jack rattle

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Peter Slavov, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Peter Slavov

Peter Slavov

Hey everybody,
    the jack part of my Full Circle pickup rattles and nothing I've tried so far seems to help. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
  2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

If you're talking about the part the 1/4" cable plugs into, try some different cable brands; the male jack can vary ever so slightly in diameter.
  3. Peter Slavov

Peter Slavov

Thanks!
    It's not the cable, because it rattles when there's no cable plugged in it.
  4. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Disclosures:
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    Is the nut tight?
  5. tyb507

tyb507 Supporting Member

On both of my basses I removed the string clamp from the Full Circle jacks and tied the jacks to the tailpiece, through the g-string hole. This also makes it so the cable doesn't stick straight out from the string afterlengh, a bonus because I often had people step on my cable and yank the jack off the strings on tight stages! Might take care of your rattle, too.
  6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

There is definitely a design problem with that clamp. It's easily detached in a variety of ways, usually by just trying to remove the cable from the jack. I tried it with my Ehrlund EAP and the BP-100 jack mount, and found it to be very unsatisfactory.
  7. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Make sure the nut is tight and put a drop of Loctite on it; make sure the RCA connector is tight as well-I had to give mine a little squeeze to keep everything together. I use a George L cable w/ right angle connector on the pickup end.
  8. heavytrash13

heavytrash13

I dont trust Full Circles anymore after I had one EXPLODE on a gig the cover popped off taking out bridge-soundpost etc...its just a thin sheet of aluminum that does not posess the structural strength of a normai bridge adjuster...That being said i am sure that the majority of users have had no problem whatsoever..and they definitely sound fine ...mine had the cover where the bridge sits ---held on by one thread and a tiny spot of glue.new from factory.:eek:

check your jack sleeve (the part that screws on and covers the solder connection)
  9. Peter Slavov

Peter Slavov

Thanks for the replies everyone!
    It's the clamp that's rattling and it's driving me crazy.
    tyb507, what did you use to tie the clamp to the tailpiece?
  10. jmlee

jmlee Supporting Member

You could probably stuff something inside each side of the clamp with the string (segment of a round cross-section toothpick?) and eliminate the rattling. I keep mine close to the tailpiece over the silk and there's no rattle whatsoever.
  11. tyb507

tyb507 Supporting Member

I once played bassoon, and used reed-wrapping thread I had in my reed making supplies for one bass, the other I used electrical tape!