1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

full size double bass wood

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by matthewa73, Nov 23, 2013.

1. matthewa73

matthewa73

Hi I am new to the forum and was hoping to touch base with some double bass builders. I am wonder what the starting thickness of the slabs are for the back, sides and belly. I was also wondering how often 3 piece fronts and backs are used. I have built two guitars but can't get the double bass out of my head so I am switching gears I have nice stockpiles of quartered maple and a chunk of quartered spruce 9" wide 4" thick and 10 feet long. I hope to hear from someone. Thank you. Matt
  2. powerbass

powerbass

The mods need to move this to DB Set Up & Repair