fullerton jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris1125, Jun 9, 2011.

1. chris1125

chris1125

So I was at a music store for their bog wearhouse sale today and it was crazy. As the mass of people moved towards the front of the store a j bass with trans blue finish caught my eye. It only had one string and had a sign that said as is on it. I look at the tag and it was only $30 so I picked it up. I brought it home, gave it new strings and a cleanup and it actually sounds really nice. I planned to give it a defret and make it my fretless but it's not at all buzzy and I like the sound. Pics coming as soon as I take them. I can't seem to find any info on the name Fullerton other then a Japanese fender company. I assume this is a cheap Chinese copy or something but it sounds awesome and is in decent shape. The only mark I can see is that the headstock says Fullerton. Any ideas or links to find out more?
    Thanks guys
  2. alexofc69

alexofc69

they are cheapos. But sometimes cheapos are good! I think music123 used to sell them. I remeber some fullerton practice amps too.
  3. chris1125

chris1125

A nice cheapo at that though, it feels really nice, the neck is pretty awesome to. The pickups are crap but for $30 I think I hit a jackpot. :)
  4. chris1125

chris1125

And here are the pics!
    Jazz Bass - a set on Flickr
    Only really one nick. Looks and feels pretty nice to me.
    Any more information on the company?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

Yeah, I bought a Fullerton Ventura NT when M123 did a closeout a while back,
    [​IMG]

Mine isn't a Jazz, and it cost me 6 times what you paid. Great score!
  7. chris1125

chris1125

I went through every inch trying to fond why this bass was so cheap. Turns out all it needed was a neck pickup cover and strings. Well, that and a decent setup. Where is a good place to find a black cover cheap?