fullerton jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris1125, Jun 9, 2011.

1. chris1125

chris1125

So I was at a music store for their bog wearhouse sale today and it was crazy. As the mass of people moved towards the front of the store a j bass with trans blue finish caught my eye. It only had one string and had a sign that said as is on it. I look at the tag and it was only $30 so I picked it up. I brought it home, gave it new strings and a cleanup and it actually sounds really nice. I planned to give it a defret and make it my fretless but it's not at all buzzy and I like the sound. Pics coming as soon as I take them. I can't seem to find any info on the name Fullerton other then a Japanese fender company. I assume this is a cheap Chinese copy or something but it sounds awesome and is in decent shape. The only mark I can see is that the headstock says Fullerton. Any ideas or links to find out more?
    Thanks guys
  2. alexofc69

alexofc69

they are cheapos. But sometimes cheapos are good! I think music123 used to sell them. I remeber some fullerton practice amps too.
  3. chris1125

chris1125

A nice cheapo at that though, it feels really nice, the neck is pretty awesome to. The pickups are crap but for $30 I think I hit a jackpot. :)
  4. chris1125

chris1125

And here are the pics!
    Jazz Bass - a set on Flickr
    Only really one nick. Looks and feels pretty nice to me.
    Any more information on the company?
  5. dabbler

dabbler

Yeah, I bought a Fullerton Ventura NT when M123 did a closeout a while back,
    [​IMG]

Mine isn't a Jazz, and it cost me 6 times what you paid. Great score!
  6. chris1125

chris1125

I went through every inch trying to fond why this bass was so cheap. Turns out all it needed was a neck pickup cover and strings. Well, that and a decent setup. Where is a good place to find a black cover cheap?