Fun bass solos?

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by TheFenderBender, Oct 27, 2012.

1. TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012
    Any fun bass solos to play? I'm a little bored at the moment, none too advance, i cant play 5:15.
  2. giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

(horns/bass "solo")
  3. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
    cliff burton anesthesia pulling teeth the 2nd half might take some time to learn
  4. I just learned Watching The Detectives by Elvis Costello. It's pretty much a solo all the way through. Fun to play.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    How about that little bass solo in Godzilla?
  7. Geddy's syncopated solo in Free Will
  8. Tommythebass95

Nov 14, 2012
  9. bassit

May 24, 2005
    China Mainland
    rhcp -- coffee shop :bassist:
  10. GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
  11. The bass solo from "The Lemon Song" by Zeppelin is always fun. I don't have the tab but do a quick google search and you'll find a few.
  12. "That's The Way of the World" by EW&F is my go-to bassline whenever I need to liven things up. A close second is "Momma Miss America" by Paul McCartney. :)
  13. mozilla314

Dec 19, 2011
    There's a bass solo in "That's the Way of the World"? I've heard that song a zillion times.
    Never heard a bass solo.
  14. Yer right!! I didn't ready the post closely, "bass solo, not bassline". My bad. In that case, the mini solo from "I'll take you there" by the Staple Singers. :D
  15. Bisonzone

Nov 16, 2012
    I like how right off the bat you say no 5:15! Hahah nice :)

If you are in the mood for raging out a bass solo, pick er up and go to town on it haha thats usually what does me the best.

replicating another players solo tends to be more work, atleast for me haha.
  16. faith no more: "kindergarten"

17. TheRigere

Dec 17, 2005
    Central Florida
    The bassline from RHCP "Aeroplane" is fun an pretty simple and the solo from the same song is too

Lately, I've been working up a version a Victor Wooten's "Amazing Grace" and its surprisingly less difficult than I least the beginning and ending...that part in the middle he improvises is a bitch