1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fun with Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FromTheBassMent, Jan 31, 2014.

1. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin'. Supporting Member

OK, I'm officially in love with this beast. It took me three friggin hours to get the intonation and action adjusted properly... I was THIS CLOSE to pitching it out the damb window. Who came up with that bridge design?!?!? But now that it's right... wow.

I didn't want to buy a dedicated amp just for this new addition to our soundscape (although I'm sure a Fender Bassman reissue would KILL with this thing). So I got a Tech 21 Blonde, a Copilot Polypus tap trem, and swiped the TC Hall of Fame verb off of my guitar board. I am having more fun with this setup into my MarkBass rig than I have had playing bass in a long time. My band plays Americana/alt-country, and I'm using the VI to do tic-tac and twangy western stuff, all with a PICK, for cryin out loud (I never, ever use a pick on my EBMM Sterling 5, which is my main bass). The occasional dip of the trem arm on slow tunes is the kitty's titties.

I think I'll start a surf band with bass as the lead instrument...

:bassist:
  2. Joel Schirripa

Joel Schirripa

a bass players dream, to be lead 😭