1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

fuse monopoly

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by remainthesame, Nov 4, 2012.

1. remainthesame

remainthesame

fuses went on my amp so i went to the manufacturers website to buy the part (couldnt find it anywhere else, probably just how they wanted it) they had a 10 minimum for delivery, so buying the two fuses i needed at 2.60 a pop wouldnt cut it. i bought two more and figured at least ill have a back up. so then when i go to put in my information i see that i have to pay an additional 20 for shipping. THE SHIPPING IS TWICE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT WHICH I ALSO HAD TO BUY TWICE THE AMOUNT I NEEDED. :spit: am i the only one here who thinks this is rediculous? i mean think about it, i should have spent 5.20 and i end up paying 6 times that. god bless america :bag:

2. Rockman

Rockman

Did you try Digikey or Mouser? I highly doubt that they made their own fuse....

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

4. anderbass

anderbass

The good new is:
    Chances are, your local radio shat (shack) store will have the corect replacement fuses for just a couple bucks.

But the bad news is:
    Your amp very likely has a short/problem that may continue blowing those fuses until its repaired.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dincz

dincz

It's a ridiculous way to buy fuses, yes.

7. hodgy

hodgy

Disclosures:
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    A big +1 on this.

8. wilfredes

wilfredes

That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Agreed - also, those type of fuses can also be found at a Home Depot, Lowes, etc...

- georgestrings

10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Show the fuse- why is it so special that you needed to go to the manufacturer?

You can google the numbers on a fuse and find info about it.