1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

fuse monopoly

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by remainthesame, Nov 4, 2012.

1. remainthesame

remainthesame

fuses went on my amp so i went to the manufacturers website to buy the part (couldnt find it anywhere else, probably just how they wanted it) they had a 10 minimum for delivery, so buying the two fuses i needed at 2.60 a pop wouldnt cut it. i bought two more and figured at least ill have a back up. so then when i go to put in my information i see that i have to pay an additional 20 for shipping. THE SHIPPING IS TWICE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT WHICH I ALSO HAD TO BUY TWICE THE AMOUNT I NEEDED. :spit: am i the only one here who thinks this is rediculous? i mean think about it, i should have spent 5.20 and i end up paying 6 times that. god bless america :bag:
  2. Rockman

Rockman Supporting Member

Did you try Digikey or Mouser? I highly doubt that they made their own fuse....
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. anderbass

anderbass

The good new is:
    Chances are, your local radio shat (shack) store will have the corect replacement fuses for just a couple bucks.

But the bad news is:
    Your amp very likely has a short/problem that may continue blowing those fuses until its repaired.
  5. dincz

dincz

It's a ridiculous way to buy fuses, yes.
  6. hodgy

hodgy

Disclosures:
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    A big +1 on this.
  7. wilfredes

wilfredes

That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Agreed - also, those type of fuses can also be found at a Home Depot, Lowes, etc...

- georgestrings
  9. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Show the fuse- why is it so special that you needed to go to the manufacturer?

You can google the numbers on a fuse and find info about it.