1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fuses

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by YellowCarLuke, Dec 16, 2013.

1. YellowCarLuke

YellowCarLuke

I blew the fuse on my Mesa head and so (obviously) I am looking for a new one.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a 1 1/4 inch (32 mm) 12 Amp 120 V slow blowing fuse? This is the one they recommend in the manual and I'm having a very hard time finding it online.

I even emailed the guys at Mesa and they couldn't give me a straight answer! So I came to the oul heads on here because I'm sure someone will know

I'm using a 10 amp fuse in her at the moment for low volumes and shes grand, would just like the manufacturers recommendation before I take her to a gig!

BTW I live in Ireland (and yes, I have a step down transformer! ).

2. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Ever looked at your local electronics store or hardware store (sometimes they have departments for home electronics)?

I blew a fuse on my Traynor YBA once and thought it was shot lol. Went to a store to see if they have what I need, and voila. Though I'm having a tough time finding capacitors and the likes, my dad used to tell me of mom and pop stores with drawers full of electronics parts. And now, nothing to be found...

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

4. YellowCarLuke

YellowCarLuke

I have tried local music shops and hardware stores, it's a very peculiar fuse to us over here (hence why I need an American supplier most likely).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

radio shack, then call mesa on your cell phone from the store, works

7. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke

Doesn't have to be 120v. Most will say 250v. That is the max voltage of the fuse. Amperage rating stays the same whether you run 2 amps at 12v or 2 amps at 480v.

8. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Yes the "voltage" on a fuse is arc-over not the protection rating of the fuse. The protection rating is the amperage, how fast the fuse reacts to over current (amps) is either fast or delayed (slo-blo).

Just checked and they do ship to your country http://www.digikey.com/product-sear...=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25 oops that one was a 5X20
    Here is the one you probably need in a ceramic case instead of glass http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0326012.MXP/F1775-ND/778633

9. HeavyRockBasser

HeavyRockBasser

I think this is what you're looking for. It's rated for 250V, which may have been the problem you're running into. You can use a 250 in the place of a 125, but not vice versa. The voltage rating of the fuse must meet or exceed the voltage, so most manufacturers just make em with the higher rating, rather than two different items.

ie.farnell.com/littelfuse/0326012-hxp/fuse-cartridge-12a-6-3-x-32mm-slow/dp/1149862?Ntt=littelfuse+0326012.HXP

I found someone in your area for you. But, you might want to shop around. I'm not familiar with Farnell or other suppliers in your area.

Hope this helps. hrb

10. Cirk

Cirk

Usually, having a fuse blow is an indication of an underlying problem. Are you sure everything else is ok with your amp? If all else fails and you can't find the correct fuse, PM me and I'll send you one.
    Cheers!