1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Future basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZombiBoi95, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

I am very much a fender player. I think fender are one of the best brands out there (my opinion) and was just wondering what ur future basses are gunna be and y.

For my future collection I've only got a fender jazz bass 62 RI usa with roundwounds, an alder body and rosewood neck. I've also got an ovation acoustic bass. I've got other basses but I don't see myself with any of them except these 2 in 40 years. I like a nice round warm tone which is why I went for alder and rosewood.

In the future I'm also looking to get a standard p bass (probably alder and rosewood again) with so flats for a deep smooth sound and an ash and maple jazz bass to cut thru the sound with roundwounds again. I figure that my 62 jb is in the middle of the two. I also don't really like the p basses with a jb pickup at the bridge. I like the classic sort of look
  2. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393002200.956096.jpg
    That's my 62 RI jb
  3. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

I still don’t have a P in a five-string, and those new Dimension basses are appealing.

It’s very possible that I won’t be buying any new basses in the near future, though… but at least I’m happy with the ones I have.
  4. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

I'm personally not a fan. They sound good and all but they look so plain and boring. No character would be the better way to describe them in my eyes. Granted a p bass looks abit plain but its got heart
  5. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

I'm paying off a Daion Power Mark XX-B from the local(ish) vintage guitar store right now. For the next few months, that's the primary focus of my disposable income.

After that... I really want a five string. I'm thinking the Ibanez BTB675... I like the natural finish, and the one I've played at the GC in town really appeals to me. Can't beat the price for a through-neck long scale 5.

I'm also thinking that I'd like to have an ABG. I've looked online at the Washburn AB40/AB45s, but haven't found one anywhere in a reasonable drive which I can try in person.