1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fuzz battle: DK Duality vs 3Leaf Audio You're Doom

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anton72, Jan 18, 2014.

1. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

A question to happy owners of both fuzz pedals or any of the ones: which of them wins in "cut in a'mix" nomination?

2. eloann

eloann

I have a You're Doom, and an IE Oxide that seems to be a cousin of the Duality.

The Oxide yields agressive, industrial tones. I mostly wouldn't use it with heavily distorted guitars or nasty synths. You sure could tame it by rolling back the gain and/or the treble and it will work in those settings, but that's not where it really shines. Wins the "cut" bit.

The You're Doom on the other hand has a much lower gain character to it. People seem to love its lower gain, less treble settings that will blend in more easily. Even the highest gain settings won't be anywhere near the all-out madness of your typical fuzz. Wins the "in a mix" bit.

3. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Thanks bro! Any other opinions?

4. eveilleu

eveilleu Supporting Member

bump, anyone else played with both?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I have both, use both and love both. But they are different animals. I use the duality as a brutal fuzz or a creamy fuzz. It cuts through just fine!!

The Doom, I use with other effects, as it stacks very well. I use it as a stand alone, as a less aggressive fuzz, so it is there but stands out better

If I had to say which one cuts through best, it depends on how U set them. The way I set them, the doom cuts better.

BUT, it is how I use them. The duality can cut through just fine,