Fuzz Freaks!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Musicman1901, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Hey everybody. I recently got a malekko diabolik and loooove it. However, seeing as I am out of my mind and addicted to fuzz I want a backup fuzz for my secondary channel. Something with a different taste to it. I am currently looking at 3 fuzz pedals I have never tried so i'm coming here for as many opinions as possible with as much information as possible. The 3 fuzzes i'm looking at are the Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie B, Fuzzrocious Grey Stache, and the Team Awesome Fuzz Machine. I would love to hear what people think of these pedals. I'm in a location where i'm unable to try any of them. Thanks everybody!

Mike
  2. Denver Max

Denver Max

They're all pretty popular around here. The TAFM and Gray Stache are on my list too.

I think the Diabolik has a pretty signature sound if I'm not mistaken, so you would probably want something a bit more versatile. The TAFM seems to be pretty versatile. So many knobs. Although, I'm probably not much help. I haven't played any of them haha. The Diabolik is next on my list. Nice to hear you like it.
  3. Musicman1901

It's a very unique fuzz! I think it's great. I think the TAFM is probably the most versatile out of my options...the biggest selling point to the pickle pie is the blend knob. Without it I think it would just be an "okay" fuzz. The stache seems a little more grindy and aggressive. I don't know, tough choice:(
  4. spaz21387

spaz21387

I own the pickle pie b. I love that thing. Its probably the second best fuzz I own. The first is the blackout musket.
  5. Musicman1901

Never heard of the musket. I will check it out
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Add the Earthquaker Hoof to your list! Very versatile thanks to the shift control.
  7. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

8. Denver Max

Denver Max

This just convinced me to get a musket instead of a grey stache. My small board thanks you.

And I've been GASing for a Megalith or a Magnetar or a Heavy Machine. Mountainking is amazing.
  9. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Just to balance opinions, I though the Musket was lacking in low end compared to some other muffs and the Megalith was one of the worst fuzz pedals I've had! :D
  10. cnltb

cnltb

The unpleasant surprise is a fun one too.
  11. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son Supporting Member

Only had my TAFM for a short time but the gated fuzz boost on it is the most pleasantly nasty,richest fuzziest tone Ive ever heard live,I will never let it go. Its loud and its mean!:bassist:
  12. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

All good choices. If you wanted a clean blend I'm pretty sure that is an option for the Grey Stache, so don't count it out based on that. I also have the diabolik it is a nasty fuzz. Never tried a TAFM but have heard many good things.
  13. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

The Diabolik is great. Out of those choices I would go TAFM for the gated feature and it gets nothing but praise from those who own it.
  14. Musicman1901

The TAFM seems pretty awesome and quite versatile as well. I'm starting to lean towards that one
  15. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Have you checked out the Fuzz Wars on pedalsandeffects.com ? Some excellent side by side comparisons of some great fuzz pedals.
  16. Musicman1901

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out