1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fuzz Tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Apr 1, 2014.

1. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Love to find a 2K Bee somewhere, but I'm using a DOD FLASHBACK FUZZ which works really well.

I really would like a little more warmth in it though (Think: "Don't Worry About Me"/Marty Robbins) so it wouldn't sound so modern.

What's out there that keeps some better warmth in the fuzz?

Thinking something MXR, if that's a good version.

PS . . . if anyone wants to mention the song, and brand of their fuzz/stomp they use, that would be nice for reference too. Uh, no metal, Indy, industrial, etc as I won't likely know any of them and prolly wouldn't want to listen to any of them anyway.

TIA.

2. Unemploid

Unemploid

i use the mr best octave deluxe. keeps you lowend untouched and effects the mid and highs. idk about if it's warm or a fuzz that is warm. it's a good begining fuzz with a vintage tone, 70's tone.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

I would assume you mean the MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe

4. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Try the electroharmonix bass big muff pi deluxe. It beats the regular bass big muff because it has a blend so you can dial in exactly how much dry/dirty signal you want. Plus it's got that nice muff fuzz!

5. Register to disable this ad