1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FX Loop Blender Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KablesP, Nov 20, 2013.

1. KablesP

KablesP

This may have been discussed before but has anyone used/currently use an FX Loop Blend pedal for their FX? I mainly want to use it with my OD pedals so I can use almost any OD pedal and bring back the low end by mixing in some of the dry signal as well. I have a Line 6 M13 and I can throw this into that FX loop and only have certain Fx from the Line 6 (Dirts) through the blender and have the rest be full on since most mods and delays have a mix knob anyway.

This is the one I am looking at. What are your experiences with blend pedals?

[​IMG]
  2. lz4005

lz4005

Looks like the way that pedal works is to put your OD effects in the pedal's effects loop, rather than put the pedal in your Line6's loop.

Unless I'm reading your post wrong.

Either way, being able to blend your dry and wet signals is pretty much key to keeping low end while using distortion, so you're on the right track.
  3. KablesP

KablesP

The M13 has its own FX loop and it can be setup so that certain rows of FX can be sent to the FX Loop on your amp (In my case, the Blender and other OD pedals) and the rest go in front of the amp. This way I can use the M13 overdrives as well as my stand alone overdrives with the Blender, but also have the rest of the fx from the M13 (mods and delays) be 100% mixed into my signal.

I hope that made sense. The only downfall by doing this is that they are all blended at a certain level, so I cant have 1 box be 50/50 and one be 70/30.
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

My search box is broken today too. ( android phone )

Mind the phase. Some pedals invert, putting the effected signal and the dry at odds, that's what the switch is for. Sadly, it's a tiddler of a switch and you want to put more than one pedal in the blend loop.

Unless none are the inverting type you're kinda screwed. You could have all inverting, and always use the same number on, but as soon as you mix'n'match you'll run into mushy sounds and have to flick that tiddly switch.

Look up my recent posts on crossover blend when the search comes back online.