G&L 2000 setup / fret buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by IAmTheDood, Feb 17, 2014.

1. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Hi guys,

long time no post..

been playing a lot over last 6 months, my G&L L2000 I just can't seem to eliminate a very fine fret buzz on the low frets (7 down).. this generally happens only if I miss the fret to the inside of the previous fret.. example, trying to play G, my fingers hit just to the right side of F#.

I am trying .. really trying to play without looking at the neck.. have gotten quite good at it but those one or two notes I miss come out with a buzz...

I've tried adjusting saddle height to accomodate.. neck looks fairly good, (very slight bow).. but it still comes out.

Is this just technique?.. as I said.. it ONLY happens on the inside of the fret closest to the previous fret.. the middle of the fret and right up against the fret as we're supposed to be it doesn't happen.

Thanks guys!
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

When you play the fret where you are supposed to play it it doesn't happen. You answered your own question. :D
  3. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

LOL. I thought so. It's still annoying :)

maybe time to buy a fretless..
  4. Turnaround

Turnaround

Disclosures:
    Bass Technician, Club Bass - Toronto
    I also try to play without looking at the instrument. I have found that extended practice in front of a mirror helps a lot. Give it a try.
  5. Register to disable this ad