g&l asat bullet truss rod nut

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by maximumfiff, Jan 31, 2014.

1. maximumfiff

maximumfiff

Hi, I am new to the forum and have some questions regarding the bullet style truss rod adjustment on my asat bass. I aquired this bass last night through my local CL ads. everything is mint but I have some concern about the truss rod. the neck has a slight bow and the bullet style adjuster is sunk down into the neck farther than I've ever seen on a g&l bass. every example I've looked at pre-1997 has the bullet protruding far out past the nut. I'm wondering if this is a sign of truss rod issues. I will post a pic momentarily. I'm really worried about this as it is a fantastic bass.
  2. maximumfiff

maximumfiff

3. ASATMAN

ASATMAN Supporting Member

Here's a pic of my '99 for reference.
    [​IMG]
  4. maximumfiff

maximumfiff

Thank you for the photo, sir. yours seems to be sunk into the neck a bit as well. In your experience with your asat, has the bullet adjuster receeded into the neck after adjusting or has it always been that far sunk in?
  5. ASATMAN

Been that way since I set it up w/ TI flats some years ago.
  6. shark1

shark1

Nice headstock. :D
  7. ASATMAN

Thanks, Shark!
  8. pfox14

pfox14

Is it too deep to get an allen wrench in it? If not, then I wouldn't worry.
  9. maximumfiff

maximumfiff

I can get the wrench in there with ease. Don't want to attempt turning it myself though. We'll see what my tech says. Appreciate the replies, gentleman. :)
  10. shark1

shark1

Still enjoying the other silver one from your original collection. :bassist:
  11. ASATMAN

Oh, great to hear from you, my friend. Loved that bass, hated to sell it, but really glad it went to a good home.