G&L intonation screw fix

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dickie, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Dickie

Dickie Everyday I'm Hustlin' Supporting Member

Do you have a G&L bass and have trouble getting correct intonation because the screws provided for E, A, and D strings are too short to allow for correct intonation? I had that problem too so I bought 50 stainless steel flat head filister screws in M4 size that will allow for perfect intonation of any G&L bass made after they switched to metric screws(2008 I believe). Contact me if you need the screws and I will send some to you for cheap. I have plenty. I just set up my 2010 G&L JB with the new intonation screws and it is in perfect intonation and the screws look like the stock ones except for being flathead filister instead of phillips head filister. Cheap fix for other G&L players out there.
  2. Dickie

Dickie Everyday I'm Hustlin' Supporting Member

I have had some interest so let me add more info:
    Step 1: what year is your G&L? Can you verify that the intonation screws you have now are M4 size? I want you to get the correct screws.
    Step 2: I found that the stock springs were not long enough when using longer screws. So I have those too.
    Price?
    If you just want 4 screws I will do it for $6 shipped. If you want screws and longer springs make it $10 shipped I take paypal.
    Thanks