1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

G&L L-1000, L1K, Red w/Ebony, yes, Ebony FB, Recent ReFret, Serial B003070 HSC w/keys

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seventhsunbass, Dec 13, 2013.

1. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Found the paperwork from when I bough her and with the fret job, I have a total of $600 wrapped up so let's say $650 shipped CONUS. Not looking to gouge, just looking for a good home for one of my charges and to break even.

Ok ladies and gents, up for your consideration is my G&L L1K in red with ebony fretboard. Slotted pole pieces, Schaller tuners, beautiful ebony board, 1 11/16" nut and a recent fret job (spring 2013) that has not been played on much since...all the beach towel and hand lotion dreams we all have are found right here. :eyebrow: I had the re-fret done at Make-N-Music in Frederick, MD with Fender medium jumbo wire. The serial number is B003070. The body date is Feb 23 1981 and the neck is July 23 1980. The condition is pretty darn good with the usual wear on the body from forearm and thumb/finger use. The back is mostly clean with sone scratches. The neck has just been cleaned and conditioned and has a few places where the tangs pulled as seen in the pics and the back of the neck is smooth and sweet. Ding on the front of headstock again, see pics. All and all this is one bright and snappy L1k with some honest wear but a ton of life in her and did I mention, NEW FRETS?! :eek: Comes with a like new tolex hard case with the keys still in the bag.
    Selling for $650 shipped CONUS.
    Locals in the Mid-Atlantic can save on shipping, contact me for price.
    Link to web album with larger and many more pics here including the newly added, side by side pics of her and her twin
    - https://plus.google.com/photos/109227691592705810106/albums/5956830256670967265?banner=pwa

Any questions, let me know.

Attached Files:

2. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Neck shots.....

Attached Files:

3. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

....and the back and Serial pics.

Attached Files:

4. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

I'll have the weight tonight. Not near as heavy as my 'hog/maple.

Thanks wacko, it is in great shape.

SS
  7. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

The best average via my Weight Watchers scale (don't judge!) is between 8 1/2 and 9 pounds. Like I said, I have a Hog/Maple L2KE that is an anchor so this is a light weight to me.

SSB
  8. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Any trade interest ??
  9. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

I may have entertained trades but damn it all, Mesa Boogie just had to come out with the BASS STRATEGY Eight:88, those rat bastards :hyper: !!!! Looking for a sale. Feel free to send offers as I am not sure my price is not a tad high....:rollno:
  10. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

PM's replied to. Let's say $650 Shipped CONUS. That is what I have invested including the fret work and will cover shipping. Just paying the Universe back, not looking for profit just a good home for her.
  11. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

PM's replied to. I have weighed the bass on our scale at work and the weight, for the tally books, is 9.55 LBS.
  12. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Awesome 1K! Unreal low price! (if it weren't for my 1K Hog, I'd buy it 3 days ago!) Nice weight! Ebony! WHOA! Someone do something!
  13. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Yessir: nice bass, nice price.
  14. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Bargain price, this bass will eat up a 70's Fender Precision for a fraction of the price.
  15. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Thank you, Gents. As always Chef, I value your opinion especially where the G&L's are concerned and I thank you once again!
    PM's replied to.
  16. funk7856

funk7856 Supporting Member

killer deal right here.
  17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
  18. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

The L-1000 is the greatest bass in the world.
  19. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

It's all you!!!

PM's replied to.
  20. funk7856

funk7856 Supporting Member

Slot-pole MFD bump
  21. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

PM's replied to. On that subject, I have been asked by some if the finish is original. I submit for bona fides, photos of the Twins side by side newly added to the Picsa web album in the top post.