1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

G&L L-2500 Tribute Mint 5 Sting Closet Queen

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by worxforme, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller Supporting Member

Sold

I've gone back and forth on this one because it's one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. I've been playing guitar since last year as well as I built my own Jazz type bass and when I play bass, I just always seem to reach for the Frank bass.

So here we are:

I've owned several of the USA versions one was even a BABP L2500 and I'm not blowing smoke when I say that this plays every bit as good as any of those. I think the newer Indo ones are good but some of the MIK's were a threat to the USA's. This one is the cream of the crop and before I bought it I searched for a long time to find one that felt like my USA's.

I said mint in the title yet now I'd better say NEAR mint because nothing used is really mint and there is probably some minor flaws a keener eye might see, so... super excellent?

Weighting in at a mere 9.4lbs on my digital bathroom scale. It's a 34" scale and I believe the MIK's are 12" radius just like the USA's, it feels the same but I don't recall off the top of my head. The B string sounds and plays great. The bodies, necks, pickups pre's and bridge, besides the logo, are the same as the USA's. The pots, switches, knobs and tuners are different. These were made in Korea and set up in the USA.

If I missed anything or got anything wrong please correct me but this is the best I can remember. If you want a bass that is as good as a USA (IMHO) without the cost, this is your bass.

$475 Firm shipped FedEx ground to the 48 and I'll take PayPal on this beauty. Comes with the G&L gig bag and all the original paperwork (Except for the original receipt) I'll pack it very well and make sure it gets to it's new owner as pretty as she leaves me.

I'll take some daylight pics asap but here are some flash ones for now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Winter Wonderland? That Massachusetts?
  3. worxforme

Sorry about that, it's the only state people point to their hand to tell you where they live. I live in Michigan.
  4. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Supporting Member

WOW!! Beautiful bass at a great price!!! And from one of the finest guys on Talkbass!!! Frank is a pleasure to deal with!!! Man, I wish I had the cash for this bass!!!! GLWTS Frank!!!! Somebody is going to be happy when they get this one!!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. worxforme

Barry how are you doing, are you back up to warp speed?
  7. worxforme

Two PM's answered.

Plays like a bass twice the price, be nice to your wallet and your ears!
  8. akflyer

akflyer Supporting Member

Sent you another PM. I want it!
  9. worxforme

Looks like this one is sold, as soon as I get the payment I will close the thread.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, TalkBass is just so cool!
  10. worxforme

Sold to the good man from the state of Arizona!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.