1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

G&L L2000 vs M2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by russpurdy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Hey guys, I did a search but there isn't much on this topic. I have played an M 2500 but was wondering how it would compare with an l2000. I have heard the MFD pickups are pretty bright but I found the M2000 to not be too bad. I know the specs but was wondering if anyone can comment on tonal differences? Thanks!
  2. msact

msact Supporting Member

The M2000 has a somewhat more modern sound. The L2K is both passive and active, whereas the M2K is active only. I have a preference for the L2K but both are great.
  3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I have several L2K's and I've played an M2K in the store. I thought the M2K was great. I was a little apprehensive about the lack of switches and no passive but after playing the M2K, I was sold on it. You can get some very nice tones out of it. I wouldn't say it sounds "modern" but it does have a preamp and the ability to boost some mids a bit is a nice touch.
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I agree that the M-2000 is a more modern sounding bass. I have GAS for a Tribute M-2500 myself.
  5. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

bumpity bump bump
  6. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

It's on sale today at MF for 499.
  7. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Very tempted by the M2000-2500. If the M2K is as impressive as the MV-4, then I'm gonna want one. Not having passive capability doesn't bother me at all.
  8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I'm sure everyone has seen this but just in case you haven't . . .