1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

G&L L2500 Saddle Screw

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by arginator, Jan 7, 2014.

1. arginator

arginator Supporting Member

Somehow I lost a screw from the bridge of my L2500 Tribute. Anyone know how I can get another one? I've tried emailing G&L but have gotten no response. They're also not for sale on the G&L website.

Edit: it's the long screw used to adjust intonation.
  2. bassbenj

bassbenj

I had that happen to me and I found one at the local hardware store. It was a lot longer and I had to cut it off with a dremel tool, but it worked fine. Better would be to hit the local luther/bass repair guy and check his junk box. Typically he'll have several in there that might work. I've been charged anything from zero to a buck for such a screw raid. very much worth it.
  3. arginator

arginator Supporting Member

Yeah, I found a temporary replacement at a hardware store, but the head is a Phillips and is too big to fit into the recessed area at the end of the bridge.