g&l l2500 tribute neck profile

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by longshadow, Nov 25, 2012.

1. longshadow

longshadow

Hi, i am searching for a 5 string with a thick neck.The thicker the better.

I have a G&L l2000 indonesian tribby, but i prefer thicker neck profile.My hand is cramping with this neck

Warwicks have thick necks but i dont like the small body, so i want something with a comfy fenderish body.
    i Had an olp mm3 and it was the most comfy bass i ever played, thick neck, 45 nut and big body, but i didnt dig the tone.

so, how thick is the neck profile in indonesian l2500 tribbies?
  2. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

I like thin necks and I found the G&L fairly comfortable, so it might not be your best option. Check out some different Warwick models. The Corvette and Thumb are small-bodied, but I know the Streamer has quite a large body usually. The necks on most Warwicks I've tried are so huge that they literally hinder my ability to play.
  3. mcnach

mcnach

Very thick I'd say.
    The L2000 Tribute is fairly thin-moderate. But the L2500 is definitely chunky. Deep profile. Sounds like you would like it. I found it a bit much. I could play it alright, but I prefer a more shallow profile, like a Stingray 5.
  4. dudelove

dudelove

i really like the neck on my tribute. it is thick and nice
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

What year were you guys playing? The tributes I tested at a few stores all had normal, average C-shaped necks.