G&L L2500 w K Mod Addition

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass62, Apr 13, 2014.

1. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

I have a US G&L L2500 that I traded for around a month ago here on TB. I have always been interested in Leo Fenders creations having owned many Fenders and Musicman basses in the past. These G&L basses are fantastic built basses, simple and elegant.
    Im using this bass on Sunday and Wednesday Church settings. Going passive into my Trace Rig it is a nice combination.
    I saw that there was a KMod that you can add.
    I went to the bass by Leo web site for G&L and got the wiring schematic for the mod. I wired miy bass for Series/Single Coil w outside coils/Parallel operation. If you have a G&L bass this is an excellent well worth the time and effort to add mod.
  2. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Yes sir. The single coil mod does sound great. I got a l2000 on a trade here on talkbass a couple months ago and I found that whoever performed the k switching mod wired it up for both rear coils. I think it sounds great that way and there is very little hum. Having said that i just took it to band practice the other day for the second time and found that series mode, front pickup, passive is hard to beat!
  3. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

I will probably experiment down the road and try the different coil possibilities, but agree the front PU in series is great!