G&l or Warwick... or Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cheappoison, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Cheappoison

Cheappoison

I have been looking at 3 basses that i was hoping to get some input on.

A g&l Tribute L2500
    A 02 Warwick corvette proline
    A warwick Streamer Pro-M

I can have the Tribute for 375€ and the corvette and streamer would run me somewhere from 500-550€.
    So personally I am leaning one of the warwicks, but they are just so far away from me that i don't want to go there and then be dissapointed. But overall I think the warwick are better value but the l2500 seems very loved aswell.

So i was hoping if some people could chime in on these basses and i was hoping that someone could also give me some comparisons between the proline and the pro-m. They are quite different and especially the pro-m is a configurations that seems pretty weird to me.
  2. Turxile

Turxile

You know what, going there and being disappointed is better than thinking if you should have gone there....
  3. josiah goldfish

josiah goldfish

Yeah, you can always return it if you don't like it. Of course you won't know whether you like it or not until you try it
  4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

I've had all 3 basses with the exception of my L2500 (Which I still have!) is USA made.

The G&L is probably the most versatile of the bunch. Active/Passive, Series/Parallel. I've not played a Tribute, but have heard positive comments for the most part.

The Proline is a good bass. Maple instead of Bubinga, so a bit lighter in wieght and brighter in tone. A good bass, but that era was known for their Baseball bat necks, which I like. I traded mine off for a 5-String bass.

The Pro-M is a pretty unique beast. What looks like a Humbucker, or a MusicMan pickup is actually 2 seperate Jazz pickups Siamesed together! Each pickup has a seperate 2-band preamp. The body on this one would be Flamed maple, and the neck most likely a nice thin Wenge example. I had a Fortress Masterman, which has the same electronics as the Pro-M. But for whatever reason I didn't "Bond" with the Streamer like I did with the Fortress. But it was a Very GOod, and Fairly Rare bass!

I'd personally go Pro-M, L2500, ProLine. But I'd want to play whatever I went with first...

Feel free to PM me if you have any further curiosity of my opinions...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Cheappoison

Cheappoison

Thanks for the comments, good to hear from someone who has experience with all 3 of them.

Anymore people who want to chime in?