1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

G&L PBT wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by xaxxat, Dec 24, 2012.

1. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Anyone have any drawings/pics of G&L's Passive Bass Treble circuit?
  2. line6man

line6man

If you're talking about the passive bass and treble controls common to G&L basses, that's nothing more than a standard tone control, plus a capacitor in series with the signal path, with a 1M pot parallel to the capacitor.

There is a schematic of it somewhere. I'm on my phone, so I'll have to search for it later.
  3. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

Here you go.

[​IMG]
  4. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

I ran across this pic. Is it not a L-1000? It looks quite different from that schematic.

Attached Files:

5. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

This one is different too.

Attached Files:

6. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

Both schematics are, from C3 to the output, functionally the same. To change how the bass sounds when the treble control is fully open, use a 250K VR3 for a vintage one with less treble, and a 500K VR3 if you want a modern tone with more zing.

C3 is probably there to give a bit more growl to the tone (a lower resonant frequency) even with VR3 fully open, and R1 gives it a generally brighter tone with more resonance (a higher peak). As for the SW1/C2 combination, that gives the series mode slightly less muddiness.