1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

G&L SB-1 or LB-100

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Milo, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Which of the two would be better suited for Classic to pop rock?

LB-100 has the split Alnico pup and the SB-1 has the split coil humbucking coil pup......

Still trying to decide on a good P bass......The Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn...Fender American Special (greasebucket) or one of the two G&L's........
  2. Jens1

Jens1

I'm having the same problem and get quite a few good replies on my post: fender p vs lakland p vs g&l p. Check'em out, maybe you'll find something useful :)
  3. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Thanks Jens!
  4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Someone on your thread made a comment about the "G&L sound", like it or not. Keep in mind that the SB-1 (and SB-2) have the MFD ceramic pickup similar the LX000 line (usually what folks think of as the G&L sound), while the LB-100 has a more traditional P-style Alnico V pickup. I've owned several of the former, and I love the sound, but the LB-100 probably sounds more like a Fender P as it was designed to do so.
  5. msact

msact Supporting Member

I would get an SB-1 or an SB-2. P basses are a dime a dozen. You can always pick up a decent one here for a reasonable price. The SB basses really are great.
  6. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

I have a 1990 SB1 and for a 4string she's pretty sweet

Attached Files: