1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Gallien Kreuger 800RB $300

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dave79, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Yup, it's missing some knob caps (just use whiteout to mark them if you want) and has a bent area to the heat sink (this does not affect anything). But it works perfectly in every way. A real tank.

$300 + shipping
    no trades or offers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 77westy

77westy

How much shipping to Michigan
    ??????

3. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

4. basspipe

basspipe Supporting Member

Bump for one of the greatest amps ever. I still love this amp when used with a Hartke 1x15 and a Hartke 2x10. I used to have a weekly gig that had this set-up as their house rig and it always sounded amazing no matter who was playing it or what bass they were using. Another set-up worth investigating with this GK is with Bag End cabs since their nominal power levels are so nicely matched with the GK's. Try the coaxial 1x15 XD on the bottom and a 1x12D on top in bi-amp mode then call me and say thank you. It's a classic, reliably easy to use, sonic solid sender at a steal when compared to many of the amps out there today for two or three times the price in flashy colors with lots of lights and knobs that really don't deliver what they promise. If you want flash you can have it for as easy as an empty wallet. If you want class with style and substance it's right here for only $300!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Thanks for the endorsement, truly one of the all time classic amps.

7. El-Bob

El-Bob

what year was this one made?

8. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Dude...I can't even find a serial

9. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

willing to help with shipping, particularly if it goes to a commercial/business address

10. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

alright, $300 shipped for nearby. CA is not nearby.

11. Standalone

Standalone

Every bass player should regularly gig one of these at some point in their career. I found my tone home with this and the 400RB a few years ago. Reasonably light, too.

12. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

I beg to differ "bump", I mean, if you compare the distance to CA with say Australia it's somewhat nearby.

Great amp as a main, best ever as a back up.

13. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

I have to disagree since I am stating what is not nearby for me, Australia is WAY closer than Alpha Centauri for instance, but I may also consider the town next to me to not be "nearby". The funny thing is it looks like I'm going to be in California next week...I'm not bringing this on the plane with me though.

14. Standalone

Standalone

Saw Levon Helm at a huge festival here in '09. (Gathering of the Vibes) His bass player had two of these in his rack for his stage rig.

15. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

If I had the bread I'd buy this amp. I don't, so someone else should. Don't ANY of you guys have jobs??

Okay just kidding. But why is it still here, like 3 or 4 pages into the classifieds? :eyebrow:

16. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

I'm kind of surprised it's still here too...maybe I should bend the metal straight on the heat sink

17. Count Bassie

Bend another one. :p

18. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Thanks to a wrench they are reasonable straight now. It was only 3 on the far right end(of photo) and they were just curved a little at the very top. Maybe I should paint them black now.

19. Standalone

Standalone

Some basses kind of play themselves and musical stuff just sort of happens when they're in your hands. I think the original 800RB / 400RB are the same thing-- only in amp form. Musical, dynamic, and forgiving.

20. Count Bassie

I had one that was missing an end of the case. No idea about how that happened, I bought it that way. Lost it in some gear-swap trip... since have another one (a '91), but it was deadly! Great amp, no issues, beside having to have an end made for it!

21. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Only issue I'm familiar with on this model and the 400rb, is the effects loop needing to be cleaned, or just using a cord to patch between send and receive for the easy fix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.