Gallien Kreuger Official Club Pt. 12

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tunaman, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Continued from here..

GK club pt 11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WAY back with my GK 1001RB
    [​IMG]

SELF INSTALLED STRAP HANDLES TO THE GK NEO 412 !!
    Help a ton !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st page gotta bring the pics !!

Difference between GK 15"s & 12"s

15"s Tighter, grindier, more upper mid, modern, color your tone a bit more than 12"s which are a bit warmer, even volume through the range, less color, more "old school"

Choose 15"s if your bass or amp is muddy, the 12"s if your bass or amp is too clanky & aggressive.

AND YES A GK 4 pin CABLE WILL WORK IN ANY BRAND AMP\CAB SPEAKON JACK JUST FINE!! Another brand 2 pin speakon cable will work with GK cabs\amps UNLESS you try to biamp with the 700\1001\2001RB.
  2. monkeybass68

monkeybass68 Supporting Member

thanks kleinenenten, I appreciate your help.
  3. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

In! 2 Neo 410s, a 700RB, 400RB, and MB200. Love my GKs!
  4. 1bassplayin

1bassplayin

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

My big stage and out door rig.
    [​IMG]

My venue and bar rig.
    [​IMG]

My small rig to cover most small gigs or rehearsals.
    [​IMG]

My portable setup for practice.
    [​IMG]

My coffee shop rig? :bag:
    [​IMG]
  7. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life. Supporting Member

Media:
    Obligatory new thread photo post.
    700RB II and NEO 412
    [​IMG]
  8. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member Supporting Member

9. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member Supporting Member

From part 11

#1042 - Bass-4-God
  10. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Gold Supporting Member

Nice bass. Looks kinda familiar...
  11. ASATMAN

ASATMAN Supporting Member

Small footprint, big sound, even bigger tone.

[​IMG]
  12. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    Well, It's a good news, bad news kinda day...

Good news; the big, brown truck just dropped off my new cabs.
    [​IMG]

I super excited, except for...
    Bad news; if it looks like the 212 is kinda, sorta jacked up, it's because it is.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ginormous gash in the box that pretty much corresponds to the dented grill AND the tweeter is just sort of hanging. One of the screws that holds the tweeter in place was rolling around the bottom of the cab, so I fished it out and tried to screw it back in, but it's stripped. Whenever the cab moves, you can hear the tweeter moving.

No worries though, already called MF, got a shipping label, and they're already shipping me another one, so it's all good. Fortunately, The 112 is in perfect shape, which is great because I've got an acoustic show tonight and that's the one I wanted to use.

I'm gonna get a GK amp as soon as I gather up some more funds(Fusion 550, MB 800 Fusion, or 1001RB)and I will probably add another 212 also, but this is the best I could do with the cash on hand. :bassist::)
  13. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

...At a local pawn shop. Sounds clean, but volume pot doesn't turn down volume to zero - anything below 50% and it still sounds like it's at 50% volume. Limiter works, sustainer doesn't seem to have much effect. With limiter off, the limiter LED next to the volume still lights up. Not sure if it will allow me to push that power amp section like I want or not.

I didn't buy it - not sure I want to now as fixing it would be more costly than another one. I could get a pot from GK for the volume assuming that's what it needs, any wild guesstimates? Should I offer them $50 for it??

Raz
  14. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Long live Henry the 8x8!!! :bassist::bassist::bassist:

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a sedan as opposed to a minivan, I'd be looking to buy mine back. :(

I think the next cab solution will be two Neo 12's of some kind and an old skool lead-sled head. Tried an Eden WT-400 at a local shop (my first time trying class-D) and it sounded too compressed - but maybe it was that particular amp. I like the immediacy of all the other amps I've had; this one sounded like I was playing through an analog wireless system - almost had a slight delay to it. No sir, I didn't like it.

Hope I didn't derail things too badly... :rollno:

Raz
  15. pkstone

pkstone Supporting Member

My one-trip rig, as a counterbalance to these beautiful monsters above:

[​IMG]
  16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Question for those in-the-know on GK Neo cabs:

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new GK 1001RBII. I got to try out a 700RB a few months ago at GC and dug it, but I think I would prefer the 1001's higher headroom and ability to stay cleaner at higher volumes if needed.

Anyway, I want to go with GK Neo cabs, but I'm torn between the 410, 212, 212+112, etc.

I play in a rock/pop/country/etc variety band. My amp is a stage monitor only, as I run a DI from the head to the board, and always have FOH support. In other words, I never need to fill a room, just a stage. I play with two guitars and a medium-volume drummer. Stage volume isn't huge for us, but we usually do several street dances in the summer, so my amp does have to be able to get somewhat loud to handle that.

I'm looking for something that doesn't have a problem cutting through on stage, without being obnoxious. I want something that can make me feel the low B on stage, without being too boomy. Tight, bright, punchy. And I HATE nasally, honky sounding mids. Would much prefer something more balanced across the entire spectrum rather than completely mid-forward. I'm guessing I can get the brightness out of any of the above cabs? I'm just curious about the rest of it.

I know I'm kinda rambling here, I'm just kinda typing my thoughts as they come out.:meh:

So, in your opinions, should I be looking at the 10's or the 12's?
  17. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

I have 2 410s, and love them. They are a bit bassier than others, however. I have no experience with others, but it's concensus that the 12s are much more even across the entire spectrum, and since you mentioned wanting something like that, I'd say get those. As always, try before you buy, if possible. You might like something in theory more than in reality, or vice versa.
  18. omnimutant

omnimutant

Continuing my line of questioning about fixing the old 800rb or trying to find a new one. I'm asking to see if anyone has actually paid to fix one and if the cost is more then just finding another used one for $300 or so. I actually got my OG one on the sale forums here for $275 ish delivered. I loved it to death...literally. RIP Trusty friend.
  19. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Hello,omnimutant,I just bought 800RB,advertised as a project,and I have been trouble shooting it. I am finding out that the high side(100 watt) has problems. I plug it in to the low side(300 watt),into 410SBX,full range,and it does okay. I have been asking a lot of questions on here,and have gathered a lot of help,and info. I contacted a local Gallien Krueger service center,which Gallien Krueger referred me to him. He said he would check it out and if was going to be over a $100,he would see if I wanted to continue. I haven't taken it to him yet. Maybe you could get someone to check yours out,and see if you wanted to rebuild, sorry rambling.
    Take Care.
  20. elwuss

elwuss

21. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Ryan

Gk neo 212 or 112 stack fits exactly what You are after, why lug the 410?