1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Gallien Krueger 1001RB II with Custom Ventilated 2 Space Rack

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Neuroman, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Put a fork in me. Supporting Member

I have decided to sell my GK 1001RB II amp head as I think I am going to play the field a bit more. The head is in outstanding condition, operates like new and the only flaw I can find is a chip in the paint in the bottom front from the previous rack solution.

The cool thing about this head, however, is the unique custom rack. I was very frustrated with having to use a 3 or 4 space rack in order to provide the ventilation space the head needed to stay cool (because the RB heads have the fan on top of the head and you need to keep it clear). So, I customized a birch wood rack (covered in cool tweed tolex) to 1) provide the ventilation it needs and 2) store the speakon and power cables without having to unplug them from the head.

I am including a custom D2F padded cover made specifically for this solution.

Check out my thread regarding the details on this rack solution

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/finally-cool-rack-solution-gallien-kruger-rb-heads-1028184/

Listing includes the power chord but not the speakon connector cables.

I am looking for [DEL]$700[/DEL] $600 OBO delivered lower 48.

I have just added a top strap to make lifting and placement on the cabinets easier. Some of the pics are from before this enhancement.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Neuroman

More pics - 1 has chip in paint described above

Attached Files:

3. bassdrummer

bassdrummer

Love this custom rack! I've thought about this very same idea for top venting in a 2 space rack; yours looks top of the line pro custom! Wish I could afford it bump!

4. Neuroman

I think I had this priced too high because of the emotional element of putting so much time into customizing the rack. I am a perfectionist and do not work fast but am very satisfied when it turns out nicely.

$600 delivered lower 48 sounds about right since the heads seem to be going for about $450-475 used. Delivery will be about $50 so that will leave $100-$75 for the custom rack.

Note to self - don;t go into the custom rack business.:(

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Neuroman

I added a matching top strap to make it easier for lifting and placement on the cabinets. Added photos above.

7. Neuroman

Amp already sold. Custom tweed rack case still for sale. $130 delivered