1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Gallien-Krueger 400RB G-K Amp - Repair

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Buck Shotzen, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Shotzen

Buck Shotzen

This amp is in good external condition but needs some work to be reliable. Sometimes when it is turned on there is no sound and you can either turn off and turn on and hope for the best or giving a strong blast of sound (such as a good low E slap at full volume) will shock the amp into working again. Because it is still making sound most of the time, it is probably not a major problem but I can't be sure how big of a repair it would be.

It is missing one screw on the bottom. Otherwise the feet and handle are all in good condition.

I'm selling it with a custom made bag that is still useable. The pockets are big, the zippers and straps are intact but there is a rip on the inside of the amp head compartment. It is also pretty uncomfortable to try to wear it as a backpack but with one shoulder or one hand it is convenient.

My price is $75 plus $50 shipping to CONUS (I'm in Canada) I use paypal.

Thanks for watching!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ranjerry

ranjerry

Whats your asking price

3. bass dan

bass dan Supporting Member

Try putting a cord in the effects loop. I had one that did the same thing. As long as I had a cord in the effects return to the the effects send it always worked.

4. Buck Shotzen

Buck Shotzen

Let's say the amp is temporarily unavailable. I'll see if I can fix within the next couple days...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Open up the head and look for loose/dirty connections.
    Oh, make sure to unplug it first.

7. Buck Shotzen

Buck Shotzen

Mr. Lenny, I always look for dirty connections... ;)

I did try to fix it and the amp seems to be working better but not 100%. I don't feel it's going to work in my favor to raise price so it will stay at $75 plus $50 for shipping CONUS. (Someone is getting a great deal! Argh!) Please read the description carefully...

8. bluesrx

bluesrx Supporting Member

what did you do to try to fix it?

9. Noisicerp1

Noisicerp1 Banned

I've already sent a message saying that i'll take the amp, i just need your payment info

10. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.