1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Gallien Krueger 400RB IV (2x10" combo) vs. SWR WorkingPro 2X10C (2006 model)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Kontrabalers, May 25, 2006.

1. Kontrabalers

Kontrabalers

Hi I'm going to buy one of this combos.:help:

The problem is that in my country there is no possibility to check that new SWR WorkingPro 2X10C.
    I'v already checked Gallien Krueger 400RB IV (2x10") and it sounds...great!! :hyper:.
    Maybe you can advise me what to choose?

I'm playing both.. bass guitar(5str.) and double bass.
    Various music ,mainly: jazz,funk,fusion,rock..and folk.

Thanks
  2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Love the GK. Not a huge fan of the current SWR workingman's stuff. Just doesn't sound as sweet to my ears.
  3. yamaha

yamaha

I tried both. I like the GK, but I love the 2-10C, from the NEW workingpro series, it's so much better than the workingman's series. I'm not sure about a 2-10C with a 5 string though. At high volumes, it seems to struggle just a bit with low notes. Although it's probably the same for the GK. At medium and medium high volumes, the 2-10C is so nice, with or without the sub enhancer. To me the GK 2-10 is more punchy, mid, and less defined, but perhaps sounds just a bit louder. Anyway, that's my two cents.
  4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ahhh, ok, all bets are off then. While I do still like the GK stuff quite a bit, I haven't checked one of those out yet, so I guess I can't comment.
  5. Kontrabalers

Kontrabalers

One more option:

Eden DC112XLT Bass Combo

Is it a better choice insted of SWR or Gallien Krueger?
    Thanks for help.
  6. thumpybones

thumpybones

I haven't tried the new 400 rb, but I've owned the 1001 for three years and the MB 150 for 10 years, so I'm a big fan. I subbed on "Menopause the Musical" for it's LA run and the amp there was a Workingman's 12. I hated it. Also: It sounds like you answered your own question in your post...
  7. Bassbarbie

Bassbarbie

So where would that be then?......
  8. Kontrabalers

Kontrabalers

Greetings from Poland :D
  9. Bassbarbie

Bassbarbie

Greetings!
    Sorry didn't mean to go off topic.
    I'm watching with interest as I've been considering getting a combo for smaller venues...
    Barb
  10. groov'ster

groov'ster

+1 on the Eden combo.....awesome. But maybe a few more $$ than your willing to pay since you've mentioned GK and SWR.
    I like GK stuff and had an old 400RB -210 combo. Great at low to mid volumes, lost alot of lows at high volumes.
    Never played SWR, no comment.

YMMV.