1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Gallien Krueger 400RB MKII Rack Ears

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by biggestriff666, Dec 2, 2012.

1. biggestriff666

biggestriff666

I'm trying to find rack ears for my two GK 400RB's (MKII, 1990's models). And searching so far hasn't yielded any results. I can only seem to find ones that will fit the MKIII and MKIV. Can anyone help with pointing me towards something that will fit these amps? Thanks for your help.
  2. garp

garp

Definitely a hard-to-find item. You might have better luck approaching a local sheet metal fabrication shop to build a custom set for you.
  3. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Check with Middle Atlantic or Atlas- they make racks and may have a recommendation. Middle Atlantic sells custom face plates for all kinds of A/V equipment and they have to have them made somewhere, so....
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    This^^

Or this^^

Unfortunately. The older GK's like that, the rack ears weren't just an add-on but rather made up part of the side of the chassis. I know people have sourced them, bit don't know from where. The local metal shop may be your most direct solution. They're really just a piece of bent plate metal with holes drilled in the right spots. Take your amp and a standard rack up there, let them measure/lay it out. Easy work for those guys.
  5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Will, the OP's RBII should be the seperate rack ears, not the one piece sides ... all above are right on, non existent unless you buy a unit with them on (and then sell the unit without them), or find one being parted out ... but, also right on that they are an easy fabrication ... 3 7/16" long angle iron with 1" one way and 3/4" the other, then just drill holes to line up with side of head on the 1" side, and the rack on the 3/4" side ... (3/4x3/4 will work) .. stock appear to be about 3/32" thick ... I have seen angle stock on the shelf at Menards that should work fine ...