1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gallien Krueger 410RBH/8 speaker wiring/mod

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pparke2, Nov 24, 2012.

1. pparke2

pparke2

I have a Gallien-Krueger 410RBH/8, 8 ohm, 800 watt bass cab and am currently trying to figure out if it is possible to rewire the speakers so that they are 4ohms or if I need to either trade it out for the 4 ohm'd version or change the speakers. I'm very new at all of this electronic stuff and mods so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

This should be in "amps".

You'd have to replace the speakers to get 4 ohm wiring. Much better and cheaper idea to upgrade your head to something that delivers more power into 8 ohms -- just get the next bigger gk head if that's what you are using. if not, get a burly gk head, they kill with that cab.

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Or get a 115RBH to put under it. I have that stack in my garage right now and it sounds great.

4. line6man

line6man

From what you have described, there are 4 speakers, totaling 8 Ohms. This usually means four 8 Ohm speakers, allowing the options of 2, 6, 8, 10.66, and 32 Ohms.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hurricaneharris

hurricaneharris

I'm told GK use 4 32ohm speakers to achieve 8 ohm