1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Gallien Krueger 410RBH/8 speaker wiring/mod

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pparke2, Nov 24, 2012.

1. pparke2

pparke2

Mar 2, 2012
    I have a Gallien-Krueger 410RBH/8, 8 ohm, 800 watt bass cab and am currently trying to figure out if it is possible to rewire the speakers so that they are 4ohms or if I need to either trade it out for the 4 ohm'd version or change the speakers. I'm very new at all of this electronic stuff and mods so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Sponsored by:

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    This should be in "amps".

You'd have to replace the speakers to get 4 ohm wiring. Much better and cheaper idea to upgrade your head to something that delivers more power into 8 ohms -- just get the next bigger gk head if that's what you are using. if not, get a burly gk head, they kill with that cab.

4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Or get a 115RBH to put under it. I have that stack in my garage right now and it sounds great.

5. From what you have described, there are 4 speakers, totaling 8 Ohms. This usually means four 8 Ohm speakers, allowing the options of 2, 6, 8, 10.66, and 32 Ohms.

6. hurricaneharris

hurricaneharris

Apr 29, 2013
    I'm told GK use 4 32ohm speakers to achieve 8 ohm