Gallien Krueger 700 rb

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by grisa, Mar 30, 2014.

1. grisa

grisa

Hi guys,

I can't find any review on this head. 700 RB II yes but I understand the difference is significant. Some guy is flogging it for $750AUD and I have a mind to go and test it out, just wondering if I should bother. It's likely to be quite old and with 380W may not be all I hope for. I play in a 7 piece r'n'b soul, and funk band. Any thoughts?

Cheers

:hyper:

2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

I have one, and it is a great amp. However, I paid $200 US for mine; I wouldn't pay more than $350 AUS for one.

3. nogoodwithnames

nogoodwithnames

I have no idea what $750AUD equates to in USD, but I will leave the price up to you. The 700rb is a great amp, and it may not be super high wattage but its still crazy loud. I use mine with a loud drummer and loud quitar and have never even come close to running out of headroom.

4. somegeezer

somegeezer

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. felixxx

felixxx

He said 700RB not 700RB II.

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

I've had two of them over the years, they are, indeed, great amps and should be plenty loud enough for what you want to do.

8. IPYF

IPYF

Then you wouldn't get one in Australia. 800RBs go for $700-800 here when in the US I'm told they can be had for next to nothing.
    I'm selling my 1001ii and I'm not taking less that $800 for it.

9. Tractorr

Tractorr Supporting Member

Media:
    Wow, that sucks because the currency is pretty close at the moment. I paid just over $300 for a 700rbii recently.

10. IPYF

IPYF

It's not about currency. It's an entirely different marketplace. GK and Ampeg gear has always been sold at a high pricepoint here and is comparatively rare.

I'm told you can get a secondhand SVT for $1000 in the US whereas over here you'd be looking at about $2300 for one in fair condition.

11. moruiz

moruiz

Hi bro. I just payed 600$ to a guy in Melbourne for a GK 700RB II and a Fender RT1000. Both in a SKB hard case.

I think that price is a little high for just a head.

In terms of the head. Amazing!
    Get a nice cab and it will do your 7 piece RnB act, no sweat.